My roosters acting weird

Bakers-dozen

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2022
My little de uccle rooster has started to act off as of yesterday I noticed he was sitting low to the ground. Today I went out and watched him several times throughout the day and he almost seems top heavy like a see saw. If he leans down to peck he goes face first. If he sits upright his butt goes to the ground. He kind of shivers here and there which i thought at first might be a nervous thing like maybe he was being bullied and thats why he was staying to himself more. I haven't heard him crow in over a week. As of tonight I have him in a dog kennel with rooster booster water and some scrambled eggs with garlic oregano and thyme. What could be wrong with my little guy?

Attachments

• 16679473958285258252731217457545.jpg
    16679473958285258252731217457545.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 328
Out of the assortment of Rooster Booster vitamin and mineral supplements, I've only seen one that contains vitamin b1 and it was in pellet form. I made the assumption that it's likely not the one he has on hand...because isn't that the way it usually goes? 😂
Yeah it can work that way sometimes.

Rooster Booster offers three products which contain B1, they are Poultry Cell (liquid), Poultry Booster (top dressing) and Vitamins and Electrolytes (powder).
Rooster Booster Liquid B12 is just B12.

That said, it's often just easier to get a bottle of B-Complex from WalMart :)

I apologize for not being more detailed in my first response - my bad. Thiamine is b1, I believe RoosterBooster is b12. You'll need to try giving him b1 or b complex vitamin (something with b1 in it). You can crack a human b complex or b1 vitamin in half and give him that if that's all you have. Then also try to get some RoosterBooster in him as well as some water if he isn't drinking.

No worries. I just double checked the rooster booster and it has thiamine as well as b6 and b2 . I fed him more raw egg mixed with rooster booster again this morning. He seems to be standing up taller today. Last night he was very low to the ground. I've been sprinkling the powder straight onto the egg. I also gave him fresh clean water and some game bird starter in a dish in case he will eat on his own. That's all I have other than the layer feed. I also added some bsfl. He pooped a little runny mostly urates( the white stuff) but he finally has pooped something noticeable.

Attachments

• 16680835510344325725952417202972.jpg
    16680835510344325725952417202972.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
His poop yesterday was very small like a chicks poop. This morning after his 2nd feeding of some raw egg. He isn't tolerating much food. he pooped some watery urates(the white stuff) but I didn't get a picture.
Try offering him a little wet feed.
See that he's drinking well and that his crop is emptying.

A lot of urates can indicate dehydration.

Back
Top Bottom