My roosters acting weird

Bakers-dozen

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2022
My little de uccle rooster has started to act off as of yesterday I noticed he was sitting low to the ground. Today I went out and watched him several times throughout the day and he almost seems top heavy like a see saw. If he leans down to peck he goes face first. If he sits upright his butt goes to the ground. He kind of shivers here and there which i thought at first might be a nervous thing like maybe he was being bullied and thats why he was staying to himself more. I haven't heard him crow in over a week. As of tonight I have him in a dog kennel with rooster booster water and some scrambled eggs with garlic oregano and thyme. What could be wrong with my little guy?

Attachments

• 16679473958285258252731217457545.jpg
    16679473958285258252731217457545.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 328
So sorry he isn't well! Now that he's isolated, maybe you can get a look at his poop for extra info. Is he eating and drinking willingly at all? Any sign of mites or lice? I'm sure the experts will have better questions and advice; hang in there!

My little de uccle rooster has started to act off as of yesterday I noticed he was sitting low to the ground. Today I went out and watched him several times throughout the day and he almost seems top heavy like a see saw. If he leans down to peck he goes face first. If he sits upright his butt goes to the ground. He kind of shivers here and there which i thought at first might be a nervous thing like maybe he was being bullied and thats why he was staying to himself more. I haven't heard him crow in over a week. As of tonight I have him in a dog kennel with rooster booster water and some scrambled eggs with garlic oregano and thyme. What could be wrong with my little guy?
Check his ears for an ear infection. Sounds like he maybe having a vertigo issue.

Back
Top Bottom