My scarecrow receives hate mail

AhBee01

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
yo. ohio
First off I figured I would upset someone, I really feel it was no worse then the yard ornaments that are bent over and show underwear and such!
If you want to see the scarecrow look here it's the 3rd post down.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=99544
Need a creative halloween decoration idea
I posted the Mooning scarecrow there.

I never thought I would receive a letter like this.
Maybe someone complaining about it and saying it is tasteless.
I didn't mean it in an absence way nor towards anyone.
I got the idea from a greeting card that was sent to me that said Halloween wouldn't be the same without a full moon!!!
All in fun!!!
Ok, don't like my decor, but why say I'm a bad parent or accuse me of filth behind closed doors, that is just so low.
We are good parents and my children are well looked after. I can't believe someone would believe or get that filth goes on by a fake rear end!!!
I showed my closest neighbors before I put it up. They all thought is was a hoot.
My brother lives across the street, and we do not get along with his wife, she can't stand us really, so I didn't show them before hand.
All that was on the envelope was The Moore family, my name is not on my mailbox so that means they had to do some research to find that out. If they don't know us.
Here is the letter.
What do you think?

scan00012.jpg

I've seen plumbers showing more cheek than that.

Somebody just got up on the wrong side of the bed and needed to lash out at someone, and you were it.

I wouldn't change a thing, let it stay as is.

I think it's freaking hilarious. The scarecrows on the side giggling, etc., too!
gig.gif

And I have four young kids...not only would I not be upset, we'd probably drive by it just for a giggle!
lau.gif

But I'm kinda juvenile about stuff like that!
gig.gif

(Re-read your post, I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's your SIL!)

Last edited:
ep.gif

OH My God.... That is AWFUL!
I am so sorry!

somad.gif

Do you think it's from your sister in law?!

Forget it, it's funny and it's just a pumpkin butt, not even a real one!
Most kids see A LOT worse than that on TV or hear worse in public schools.
Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I think your mooning scarecrow is so hilarious that I hope you don't mind if I put one up myself next year! Wish I had time to do it this year, alas I've been busy.

I swear, this is a prime example of people going out of their way to be offended.

Explanation to small children why there is a scarecrow mooning them:

Kid: Mommy, why is the scarecrow showing his butt?
Mom: Because he's a bad scarecrow who is going to get a spanking.
Kid: Oh.

I wonder what they do think goes on in your house. Pumpkin-themed parties? Adult-themed arrangements of vegetables shaped like naughty bits? What do they suppose you do in the off-season, cucumbers, bananas, or heaven forfend--zucchinis?

Don't take it personally. I know, no matter how much you try it is hard not to.

Some people are just different and believe different things.

If you're kid is outfront on Halloween day mimicking the scarecrow and you're sitting back and laughing, maybe you've got some problems.

But most kids like to talk gross stuff (boogers, butts, etc.) but they know common sens and what they can and can't do.

She needs to stop wasting her time sending you notes and start writing to other people about the general moral problems in our community.

lau.gif
What a jerk.

There is one in every neighborhood. Laugh it off. Anyone who would make
such ridiculous judgements about you based on that scarecrow is a moron.

I'd make photocopies of that letter and send it to all your neighbors with a note
like:

"Dear my friends on Lanterman Road,

Someone sent me the enclosed letter. Me and my family find the scarecrow
to be amusing. If any of you don't think so please let me know.

If you are the one who sent this letter than why didn't you at least have the
courage to sign it?

Sincerely,
"

Seriously, that is completely harmless. Some people just get up on some moral high horse and think they know what's best. Have you ever seen a Victorias Secret commercial, or watched a prime time t.v show?..come on, there is more to worry about on the everyday television. Your scarecrow is very cute and tastefully done. I wouldn't let something like this deter you from having fun this Halloween. It's a very cute display and you did a great job. I like the scarecrow next to it trying to hide a giggle...very clever and fun.

Last edited:
Who ever wrote that needs to lighten up. I love it! Its creative and has nothing to do with your parenting. I hope it doesn't deter you from keeping your scarecrow, he's fun!

Are you serious?! I saw your post yesterday and I thought it was so funny that I printed it out to show my husband later on.
He couldn't stop laughing.
So sorry that some idiot ruined your fun, don't let it bother you, they obviously have no life as to go out of their way to drive down your street to look at it and they take the time to write a letter.
Halloween is all about fun and interpetation.

Back
Top Bottom