My shipped eggs are hatching Updated with Pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bantymama, May 16, 2010.

1. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I'm so excited i have to share the good news. I recieved 11 Ameraucana eggs in the mail and they are hatching. I have 3 out and 2 more that are pipped. I have tried shipped eggs in the past and have had no luck. My Suro 20 was allready full so i dug out my LG and low and behold it came through for me. I will post pics when the hatch is done. They are blues and blacks. The gal i got them from did a excellent job packing them and the box arrived in perfect condition and not a scratch on it.

I ended up with 8. I think i have 3 blues and 5 blacks. The 3 that did not hatch 1 pipped and died and the other 2 fully developed but never pipped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I also finally got good results from shipped eggs also. 4 out of 6 BCM. 2 out 6 porcelain duccles.

3. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    That's terrific news! Enjoy your new little fuzzy butts [​IMG]

4. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Can I ask where you got the eggs?

5. Bantymama

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I have 7 out and 1 more pipped. Pics later today.

6. Bantymama

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Update in first post.

7. krstms

krstms MO Hick Chick

Sep 23, 2009
    Missouri
    She got her eggs from me. We did an egg trade. I am so glad they came out so well for you. Not bad for my first shipping attempt I must say. [​IMG] It looks like 3 blues 5 blacks to me too. The blues are so pretty. I only had one blue out of my two hatches and I think it will be a roo. I dont really need a roo but it's so pretty I may just have to talk DH into letting me keep it. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by