My sick chicken

Can you post a picture of the inside of it's mouth? Did you say you were in Northern CA? If so, are you close to UC Davis or Tulare? Might be worth getting a sterile container, putting some pus in it and dropping it off at one of the labs, they can test it for a small fee. You could also use their Fedex Account and overnight it if you too far away.

Baytril will not do much as long as the pus remains.

-Ka

This one u can see yellow edge
Slight yellow tint. before it was mainly on edges now it looks as though its spreading across.

Not quite what I expected to see... I expected to see some of the hard pus that can be canker, wet pox or a bacterial infection.

What does it's choanal slit look like? Is there pus in it? This is a picture of what it should look like:

Here is a better photo of a healthy upper palette. I labeled my photo since the interior of bird mouths can look very alien indeed.
The papillae run down the edges of the slit as well, but are less obvious in this photo. Though they look tooth-like, they are actually a sensory organ for the bird.

-Kathy

I know that seems like a good price. I have 25.00 in bank till the first of month. with the shipping that would be around 30 dollars. Am SSI recipient. paying that would mean one of my bills don't get paid. I already got tylan was $28 which made it sick, I think. I have bayril, fishzole and tylan. Did Baytril for 2 days, now I gave fishzole today. It is suppose to kill fungus. I read your posts and saw the chickens you treated.
It looks like I may have caught mine a little sooner, but looks like the same. After all the reading I have done I think I have Canker and wet pox going on. Or possibly just canker. No foul smell. breathing has improved now that nostrils are somewhat clear. I wish I could get the test but I am broke. Ill keep updating. Any suggestions that don't cost anymore money would be appreciated. Thank you all for your concern.

You really need to get the pus out, or the antibiotics are pointless.

-Kathy

ok . In her bad eye there is a fine layer that I almost got out. It isn't very thick. What do I do to the roof of her mouth? have been cleaning with q-tip and pressing on the "crown" part but it doesn't clear.

Back
Top Bottom