My slapped together coop : ) **Pic Heavy**

Quote:
Lol oh definitely it is overkill but I couldn't stand to tell him that. He got so into it that I just let him go. I figure if I ever get more chickens, I won't have to worry about the boxes part. The girls certainly don't mind having that many, lol they use all of them. Sometimes, I go out there and every box is filled with a hen. It's so cool to see!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, that is very true about detering predators. My daughter is up very late some nights so that along with our 5 dogs....and I won't tell you how many cats inside the house filling the windows, lol...deters just about everything and everyone from coming to our house!
big_smile.png

What a great idea your hubby had for perches on the nesting boxes. Super fast, easy, and looks good!!

Don't be embarrased at all. Some chickens don't even have a shelter. My husband built me mine too. I was just going to build one myself and make it small b/c I figured he didn't really want to take on another project. Much to my amazement, he did well. We found a lot of scrap pieces, but he did manage to rack of $$$ on his Home Depot card for this one.

Looking good!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom