My snowie celadon project, continued:

I
I think it is connected with the snowy line, but I don’t know if it can be crossed into others. My Myshire snowies and pearls had black eyes except for amethyst, who is also monstrously big, and lays eggs that don’t fit in the brinsea quail trays lol. So it might be a Texas a&m trait that was passed on from Myshire breeding them up for size.View attachment 2574964
Amethysts eggs vs regular. I can only fill half the tray because I can’t put the divider in the middle, they’re too fat.
I'd love celadon snowies!

I had a lady from the half snowie/half normal celadons that got pretty viciously attacked by a male in the grow out, now that I’ve seen he’s a male, he moved to male jail, and she came in to live with the snow angels while she recovers. 3 days into her stay inside, she laid a blue egg! So at least one of the original snowies was a celadon carrier. I believe she is the daughter of the one I kept, they have similar patterns. She unfortunately isn’t snowie though, she’s the color of a falb fee with only one copy of fee, but she’s speckled from her Italian lineage.
54D762DC-74F8-49D4-BB28-C3CEFA24A419.jpeg
1999B7A7-F665-47EE-9202-7E4A08CEC831.jpeg
182FF685-1A46-4C7C-B64C-9191FA593632.jpeg
779721D2-0B99-496D-A78A-91588F57953D.jpeg

I’ve been so ridiculously sick for 2 days I’ve barely been outside, luckily it was supposed to rain and I filled up all the food and water the night before I got sick. So Thursday I had set up for someone to pick up some of my adults, so as sick as I was, and practically puking in the dang yard, I collected the 19 birds that were leaving. My husband covered the pens Thursday night, and today was the first time I’ve been outside. I started redistributing the quail among the pens. I set my pharaoh tux Tiger Millionaire with 6 Tibetan tux ladies in the sex link pen, I left the tuxy scarlet male, and I added 6 celadon carrier/ snowies. I’m hoping for some celadon laying snowies, and new Tibetan tuxes to replace my older ladies.

So as I’m moving them around, I pick up this lovely lady that was very autumn amber fee looking as a chick, but has gotten a lot of silver as she’s matured, and I notice she has lovely blue eyes. I hope it’s visible in the pic, i tried to get it in good natural light.

858C99B5-5273-4600-92DB-BE4CDB53D8F9.jpeg
08C51042-0D9B-4BAC-B927-A1BD8FCD6E81.jpeg

I’ll be setting eggs including hers in about 2 weeks when my current eggs hatch, I’m super excited! In the bator now I have my first set of eggs from celadon ladies and snowie celadon carrier males, so I should get my first celadon laying snowies with luck!

Last weekend I sold the last of my spring hens, so I cleaned out the pen, and yesterday I moved all the snowie celadon carriers in there. None had layed yet. The bigger ones are about 11 weeks but were in a dark area and not lit, the others are about 5 weeks and just moved out. Today I went to check on them and found 3 eggs. They could be from the previous occupants, sometimes they get really buried in the corners, and someone will randomly dig one up and push it around. I’ll be keeping an eye out, it’s hard not to be excited because this is what I got:
6BFE242F-C0B0-435E-8AF1-4DE8932E6860.jpeg

The original eggs came from Myshire and none were celadon. Some of the eggs were blue inside though. I crossed the original birds to my homogenous celadon flock, these are the offspring, which should be all celadon carriers.

A couple weeks ago I brought in a hen that a difficult male had injured, once inside she healed up and began laying blue eggs. This means at least one of the originals was a celadon carrier. I’m hoping these are new eggs, and someone or ones are laying blue. I’ll keep an eye out for blue eggs, super exciting.

The one inside who is laying blue, it’s almost like an olive egger (is that the right term?)
BCA7E681-EFC6-4C1F-8CE1-456060F8F343.jpeg

Love this! Am following. The blue eyes are gorgeous. It’s too bad you can’t ship, the kids would absolutely kill for pretty, blue eyed birds with blue eggs haha!
I only have 3 with blue eyes, 2 hens and a roo, and the roo has almost killed 4 different hens. I tossed him in male jail to get schooled and he took over the pen. Hopefully he’ll chill out as he ages, if he wasn’t so handsome he’d be dinner lol.

I don’t remember where I posted a pic of this chick before, but this one is a very faint dusty silvery gold. It’s hard to describe:
C44B4B23-CB29-4D2E-8769-FD164D394513.jpeg

Still don’t know if it’s male or female, but I’m thinking male, it’s the smallest in the group.

Back
Top Bottom