My son stepped on my duckling!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CrzyChicLady, May 29, 2011.

1. CrzyChicLady

CrzyChicLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    My 5yr old stepped out of the kiddie pool and accidently stepped on a duckling! The duckling is still alive but is limping. I put him in the water to see if he could swim but couldn't move the one leg. When I was holding him and turned him upside down he moved it. I can't see where there's a break but he's not using it. What should I do?

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

medical tape and two pop-sickle sticks ???

a quiet age for a week?

Young birds bones knit fast...

3. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    I hope he does get better quickly. I feel so bad for him. I have 5 ducklings and during the day I let them free-range then at night I lead them into a fenced area with a dog-igloo. I like having them out during the day where they can play in their baby pool and look for bugs. I'm not sure if I should let them all out tomorrow or just leave the one in the fenced area. ??? I guess I could carry the baby pool over to the fenced area and leave them all in. [​IMG]

4. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    Thank you Fire! You were right, my little duckling is doing just fine now. He slowly got better and now walks without a limp. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by