My son update Pg 3

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by wildeflowers, Sep 24, 2010.

1. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    Hi, all! Well, it seems just as I really started to get going here, I had to disappear for a while. I've come to love this message board, and it's been a wealth of info for me. Thought I would tell you guys what is going on with us. I am finally able to post about it here.

A few weeks ago, my son came home from school with what I thought was heat exhaustion. After a few days, he was still not feeling better and passed out. Long story short, within a few hours, we went from thinking he had heat exhaustion to finding out that he had a very large brain tumor that needed surgery very quickly. I've been in the hospital with him for a couple of weeks and now he is home. We have a very good prognosis and he is recovering, although recovery will be very long and hard.

If it's not too much to ask, would you all add him to your prayer list? We couldn't ask for a better outcome than we have had so far, but we have a tough road ahead of us.

Thanks and I hope to be able to read and post a bit more. If anyone is interested in knowing more about his story, feel free to PM me, and I'll send you the link to the site we set up for him.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    [​IMG] How frightening for you and your family!! So glad to know that he was diagnosed and treated. I can't imagine having something happen to one of my children. Please keep us posted as time permits. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    So sorry.. [​IMG]
    My thoughts are with you all. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Hugs and prayers!

5. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    Oh my! He is definetly going to be in my prayers tonight!

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] for you all [​IMG]

7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Wow, how scary! That's great that the prognosis is good, at least. I hope his recovery goes very smoothly. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts! [​IMG]

8. bmax

bmax Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Conway, AR
    Oh no!!! Please know that you and your son are in our prayers!

9. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Wow! I am sorry for what your family experienced. I am sending positive thoughts your way and pray for a full and speedy recovery for your son. [​IMG] Blessings to your family.

10. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    Your son's recovery will be passed along to our prayer list...your family... whatever higher power you believe in, is comforting you...and your sons doctors...that they have healing hands.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by