My son's first hunting trip - pics

weloveourchicks

Songster
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
Virginia
My son went hunting for the first time Saturday with DD. He is obsessed now. He was hoping for a buck but only saw doe and they are out of season here now. Finally, later in the afternoon after almost giving up hope this came walking through the woods. He is so excited as not many coyote are around out area and very few get killed each hunting season.

Personally looks like a dog to me so I am thankful they've decided not to get it mounted.
smile.png

15850_coyete_001.jpg

You know in the state of Va you can get so much $ for each coyote killed. Not sure who you would get in touch with but maybe ask around.

What part of Va are you from?

ETA: He has good aim. Glad he shot it.
smile.png

Last edited:
We live in Hanover, VA - someone told us it's like a $75 bounty on them here. I wanted to turn it in for the $$ ofcourse but my son is so proud my husband is going to have it skinned (or whatever you call it) for him to have the pelt. We checked into getting it mounted and it was over $1,000 - way to much for a stuffed dog!!

What a wonderful coyote! We have so many of them around here in N.E Ohio we actually pass them up in deer season as not to ruin our day with getting one. Boy they sure do make nice mounts. Maybe you can check on some taxidemist up here in Ohio. I am sure that they are alot cheaper than 1000 bucks. I am so pround that your son got it. My boy is 8 and goes out with me every time. He loves it!

That doesn't look like the coyote my dad killed three years ago. Maybe color varies by state, or it possibly might be a coydog (half coyote half dog) My dad got his mounted for $500. Try finding a cheaper taxidermist maybe?

Your son has a great shot! I'm glad he loves hunting!

I wish you would come here and hunt MY darn coy dogs!...they are constantly around my house because they are HUNGRY and they know i have livestock...i feel so bad for coys and deer and so many other wild animals that are starving because people dont believe in hunting..i would MUCH rather see an animal quickly put down, than see it in my backyard so skinny and starving AND suffering!...believe it or not...there IS a reason for hunting!..... now, dont get me wrong, i cant abide irresponsible huntes..the ones that dont take CLEAN shots...becasue then the animal sometimes gets away..and REALLY suffers out in the woods until it dies from gunshot/arrow wounds and infection...one of the first deers my EX got was a buck that was so sick with infection from a bow hunter that took a wild shot at it(and then didnt follow through with tracking it down...
somad.gif
..)..and that deer lived for many months like that...the meat was no good either because of the infection...BUT...i absolutely support responsible hunters!..
clap.gif

WOW thats a beautiful coyote!!!! Did your son actually shoot it himself? either way it will have him pumped for next year
big_smile.png

ETA: no pun intended
roll.png

Last edited:
Id rather get my meat from hunting then a slaughterhouse, I just don't want to see the majestic beast before it ends up in my stomach, but once Im 18 Im vegetarian just because my father won't let me as long as I am living in this household.

Edited to remove references

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom