My special needs baby

Bonecop

Chirping
May 6, 2023
This is my Pavlovskaya, Socks. She was unable to stand when she hatched on March 17. Then she had a period of splay legs. I tried the sock treatment (hence her name), but that didn't cure her. She is a part-time star gazer, but she is otherwise healthy. Socks eats, drinks, poops, and gets around. The others don't pick on her, more like they protect her. She is unbalanced and can't perch, but she seems OK with that. And she has personality+! Just adorable and sweet. People suggested I "put her out of her misery", but I don't think she is in any pain or that her life quality is low. Opinions? And do these abnormalities get better with age? She certainly walks better than she did. I have a video, but couldn't post it.

Attachments

• VID_20230602_155924_exported_5847.jpg
    VID_20230602_155924_exported_5847.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20230602_155841.jpg
    IMG_20230602_155841.jpg
    847.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230602_155843.jpg
    IMG_20230602_155843.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 16
Aww...she looks like a real sweetheart. :love It's hard to say what they feel inside however you as her keeper should be able to tell if she is enjoying life or not. You can see it in her eyes...does she perk up when she sees you, does she get excited when she sees you with a bag of treats? Does she groom herself, sunbathe, cackle or chatter? Enjoy being taken outside? All these things will show signs of a healthy emotional attitude toward life. When this spark for life disappears, it may be time to put her down.

Aww...she looks like a real sweetheart. :love It's hard to say what they feel inside however you as her keeper should be able to tell if she is enjoying life or not. You can see it in her eyes...does she perk up when she sees you, does she get excited when she sees you with a bag of treats? Does she groom herself, sunbathe, cackle or chatter? Enjoy being taken outside? All these things will show signs of a healthy emotional attitude toward life. When this spark for life disappears, it may be time to put her down.
Thanks! That makes me feel so much better!

Back
Top Bottom