1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My stupid curouis chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SilkieChickenLover336, May 9, 2011.

1. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    well my stupid curoius chick was very stupid today.. i had her oon my chest and she was pecking at it and then all of a sudden she pecks my nose and i didnt see anything about it. so then i blink for about 3 seconds i open my eyes and she pecks my eye. well she dented my cornia...i went to the hospitaland they fixed it......she is not getting a treat today! she my fav chick thought so maybe i will sneak her one [​IMG]

2. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL
    [​IMG]
    "It's only funny 'til some one loses an eye"
    Lesson Learned
    Chickens peck at shinny things and red things mostly. You were lucky.

3. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    This chick is lucky that he/she is my fav... he better be [​IMG] or i will [​IMG]

4. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    OUCH!!!! Glad you still have both eyes my dear!!! [​IMG]

5. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    i wonder what they will do when they are older??? they are only a week and 4 days old i wonder when they are like 2 months......... [​IMG]

6. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    Yikes! I don't let any chickens near my daughters face for the exact same reason!

7. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    When they are two months old, they will be holding illegal brooder parties complete with loud music and free drinks. I have already had to break up a few of those. Thank goodness they are finally outside!!!

8. hennypenny99

hennypenny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    [​IMG] Watch that one. I'm sure your chicky wasn't being mean, she just thought that shiny eye ball might be something interesting.

When my turkey was about 5 weeks old she would sit in my lap alot. Well one day she was looking me over very closely and pecked my eyebrow. I think she thought it was a bushy worm or something. Anyways it left a little purple bruise for a few weeks.

9. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    oh i know my chick isnt mean!!! it is the only one who loves to be held. im not mad at her. my eye is okay!!!!!

10. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, those beautiful, shiny eyeballs are such an attraction to a chicken! I can hear them thinking......"Oh, those round thingy's on your face look so shiny and delicious......Let me have a quick taste!"

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by