My suggestion for a Super Cheap Coop!--- Whats yours?

Oh yeah, and I forgot to show you these, also free if you know someone with a cat:
63900_100_0713.jpg

Nesting boxes....my girls lay in them everytime! Can you tell I like free stuff?
big_smile.png

Wow, I don't have pictures today but I bought my coop from a moving company for 10th dollars. It is 4foot wide, 7 foot tall, and 7 foot long. It is 3/8 plywood and I have had it over 4 years. Spent more cash on the wire for the run. Will edit tomorrow and add a picture. Nothing pretty and have had to add patches and stuff but I say it was well worth it. I am sure if i covered it with tin or shingles it would have never needed patches. Will paint with exterior paint soon for protection.

How about an old dresser, kitchen cabinet, headboard - any type of furniture that is make out of wood. The chickens will eat cardboard. Just use your imagination.

I brooded my baby chicks for weeks in duct-taped cardboard boxes with pine shavings on the floor. In the house, of course; rain would have done it in. If I ever brooded in the house again, which I won't because of dust and odor, I'd probably do the same thing.

Thanks to everyone for the replies and pictures. What was I thinking!? Carboard boxes with Heat Lamps?
th.gif
As I said before, I am still new to the chicken bussiness so I can say stupid stuff sometime lol
hide.gif

I will also try to look for unbeatable buys on Craigslist and hopefully I get a a Nice home for my ladies while still having a bit money in the wallet.

If you have Images or Links(etc.) for anything that might be helpful for me, feel free to post
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom