My sunbathing beauties...PICS

epeloquin

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
Western Massachusetts
A week or so ago my son and I noticed our six girls laying in the strangest position in the sun. The would lay on their side, stick their legs out and pull their wing up to expose their thigh and underside. Obviously they were sunning themselves. It was so cute but of course I didn't have a camera handy. I caught one of them (Brucie) doing it today, I'm hoping they all do it again. I have the camera ready.

82286_dscf1041.jpg

They are cute when they sun bath/dust bath. Until the get up and give themselves a good shake and it looks like the dust bowl from the 1930s. The always remind me of Pig Pen from Charlie Brown fame with a little cloud hanging around them.

That's the funny thing, when they do this they don't dust bathe. In fact they either lay out on the grass or the leaves. When they dustbathe they have a couple spots around the coop where there is soft dirt that they use.

In fact, here is a couple of pics of the same pullet dust bathing. On the bottom one you can just see one of my Rhodies dust bathing on the other side of the grate.

82286_dscf1018.jpg

82286_dscf1017.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom