My take on the garden coop (Lots o pics)

Great job!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
That's a great idea, thanks Mark! We definitely get the horizontal rain here in Seattle and that was one of my concerns.

So, to make sure I understand, if I'm looking at a section detail of the exterior, it goes siding (house exterior), silicone, plastic, batten? The plastic is left loose over the hinged area (below the batten) I assume to allow for flex when the door opens?

I wanted to give a quick update.

First of all, both silkies have now mastered the ramp (up and down), which is great (no more manually moving Ernie up top at bed or laying time
smile.png
). Second, everybody has figured out that the nest boxes are for laying only (no sleeping). Thanks again for the advice about kicking them out after dark!

Finally, the weather dried out enough here to finally be able to put a sealant on the cedar. Here's a before and after shot...

Before:
IMG_1843.jpg

After:
Coopsealant120109.jpg

Just have to ask - doesn't Larry and Lois feel bad about having such sane sounding names? And how do you call the other cat?
BTW - the coop is super-dooper. Contest winner for sure.
smile.png

Last edited:
lol.png
Yeah, we try not to use her formal name too often for fear of upsetting the others - she usually goes by Porky
smile.png

Very nicely done, Ernie!

I also love the blue-eyed dog and have a version of the garden coop in my backyard in Colorado. Both the girls and I love it.

Mary

Back
Top Bottom