My take on the garden coop (Lots o pics)

Quote:
I would be worried about predators (racoons esp) being able to easily undo a spring clip like that. I like the carriabeaner that you screw to lock

Thanks again everybody, I really appreciate the encouragement and help!

I picked up some of the spring hooks today and fitted them to the nest box. They seem like a nice secure solution.

TeamChaos, that's funny that you in particular mention that. When we got Larry from the breeder, she was calling him Chaos
big_smile.png

Nifty-Chicken, I'll try and put together a BYC coop page soon.

Thanks Kansaseq and frankenchick!

A quick update: I added a roost yesterday, but they all wanted to sleep in the nest box last night, so I waited til after they were asleep and then moved them like you all suggested. Nobody moved back into the box after I moved them, so hopefully, they'll get the point. I'm going to keep an eye on them, though
wink.png

thumbsup.gif
Love the coop and te site you chose. The chickens are lucky having 'prime real estate and housing'. You may have to do the trnsfer to the roost for a few days but they will catch on! So, when is your next vacation???? You can spend it in my backyard...I'll tear the old coop down, you could then build one like yours.....
big_smile.png
Just kidding....really love the coop and run though
clap.gif

Nice Coop.

I'd look at weatherproofing the Nest Box Hinged Roof, if you get the horizontal rain we get here in Great Britain it's a potential water leak. Use a strip of flexible plastic /pvc over the hinged area secured with a wood batten and screws and a bead of silicone seal underneath the plastic strip.

Mark.

Back
Top Bottom