My Thanksgiving story and why I need to talk to Santa

Would you give a spoiled kid for Xmas coal?

• Yes and he deserves nothing

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No I need him to love me

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Kids can be difficult especially at this age. He's pushing boundaries and believing the world revolves around him. He will/should grow out of it. It's just difficult being on the receiving end.
He's definately at the age of the tantrum. He's unfortunately getting used to just getting what he wants

Here's a book suggestion for age 9

Screenshot_20191129-074437_kindlephoto-68485145.png

Maybe it's just me because I don't like shopping, but I think the whole gift giving thing is overrated.

Instead of a material present, why not give the whole family something special to remember? Like sharing time at a local event, ice skating, a play, a concert, or cook a special family dinner for everyone. Or have the kids come over to make crafty gifts or bake & decorate cookies. Maybe you have hobbies that the kids could learn like photography, and you could enjoy them together.

When I was a kid, I'm sure I got my share of gifts but what I remember most clearly are the special family holiday times when we did things together.

Maybe it's just me because I don't like shopping, but I think the whole gift giving thing is overrated.

Instead of a material present, why not give the whole family something special to remember? Like sharing time at a local event, ice skating, a play, a concert, or cook a special family dinner for everyone. Or have the kids come over to make crafty gifts or bake & decorate cookies. Maybe you have hobbies that the kids could learn like photography, and you could enjoy them together.

When I was a kid, I'm sure I got my share of gifts but what I remember most clearly are the special family holiday times when we did things together.
upload_2019-11-29_11-4-49.png

We only give gifts to the kids. The whole holiday is just for them anyways. We always do something special as a family but its usually just a little get together and we watch the kids open their gifts. I think you appreciate things more as an adult then you do as a kid

Back
Top Bottom