My Tolbunt Trio arrived today

Not real sure Aran why her beard is yellow. I got them from a breeder in Richmond Virginia by the name of Marsha Peterson. She is awesome to work with. She also has some bantam polish frizzles that I want too. You can find her on this web page.

http://groups.msn.com/CHICKENCHRONICLES/standardsforshow.msnw

I have been wanting them for awhile and then when my hubby saw them, that was it. He told me to find someone, somewhere and get some ASAP. I have to tell you though that pictures do not do these birds justice. Their patterns and the way the light hits them just doesn't show up in the pictures. They are absolutely breathtaking and when I first opened up the box at the post office, I had people stopping to stare at them. Their temperment and personality are timid and calm. Marsha said that they were skiddish around people, but the 2 hens came right over to me and jumped in my lap. Ichabod the rooster just came over and stood beside me. I can pick him up no problem and no fuss. Good thing because his spurs are around 1 1/2 inches in length.

I'm just really really happy tonight. I was making their ramp today for the quarantine coop (hubby was finishing it last night and forgot to finish the ramp) and I hit the wrong nail and broke my middle finger on my left hand. Even though tears came to my eyes and a few choice words popped into my head, I was still just thrilled to even have them. These three took nationals last year and with my youngest in 4H, I'm hoping these will be great for her to show. If in time I can figure out how to use a bator, I might try to hatch some chicks. Depending also, I might be able to get some fertilized eggs to sell. Just too early in the ball game right now to think that far ahead. I will try to get some better pictures tomorrow when they are in their enclosed run and the sun is on them.

Thanks for all the compliments. I really feel like a kid at Christmas. In fact, they are part of my hubby's and mine early Christmas presents to each other before the weather got too cold to ship. I would highly recommend Marsha as a breeder. She really cares about them. These three had watermelon and cantalope in the box with them. Spoiled is what they were and really spoiled is what they're going to become.

Awwww! I've wanted some of those since I first saw them! I love their colors!
love.gif
love.gif

Wow - beauties! Neat that you are using them as part of your Christmas gifts to each other. I think that's a wonderful idea!

That's a great Christmas gift.
big_smile.png
Wish my husband would do that. Those are so gorgeous birds I'm so jealous.

Back
Top Bottom