My tom Turkey broke his toe this Morning!! (What do I Do????

May 2, 2023
Hello this morning my year old tom broke his middle toe, what should I do? I tried googling it but only things about legs came up.
He's still walking and its flopped to the side, with bone sticking out a cm, I think it will be okay but I want to know if I can help him in any way other than putting a big band-aid around it, and spraying it with colloidal silver?? I put some disinfectant on the band aid and I;m going out there to help him??? I would really appreicateif someoe could help give suggestions espessially on how to keep it straight. Please

Thank you; Mamma Raven

and turkey.

should i put him in a seccluded area?? he's whith some roos

I'd seperate him if possible. My birds break theor toes occasionally with no issues, but they've never had a bone puncture their toe before from it. I'd be worried about the roosters picking at it

I'd seperate him if possible. My birds break theor toes occasionally with no issues, but they've never had a bone puncture their toe before from it. I'd be worried about the roosters picking at it
Thank you Jacin, I will seperate him although the roosters weren't intrested but I was going to put him in a mini house I have for when the get into trouble :cool:

You need to setup a splint for the toe. It will take 2 people to do it.

A wooden stir stick or popsicle stick can be used to brace and reattach the toe. Use some neosporin on the break. A strip of cotton gauze or old clean T shirt cut into strips can be used to wrap and tie it off.

Thank you, I seperated him and collected a popsicle type stick thing, but I'll have to do that splinting in the morning, Thanks again :p

- Turkey raven sleepy mamma

Back
Top Bottom