my two month old duckling barely walk

If you release him he isn't going to make it. Ducks have a hard enough time evading predators when they can walk normally, one that is having difficulty will be picked off fast.
If you can't keep him can you find a waterfowl rehabber that might take him in? Are you in the USA?
If you could get some liquid b complex that works so much better when one has lameness than even Nutritional yeast and brewers yeast.
Bless you for saving his life but he still needs protection.This will show you what type of liquid B complex to get.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/
:welcome

If you release him he isn't going to make it. Ducks have a hard enough time evading predators when they can walk normally, one that is having difficulty will be picked off fast.
If you can't keep him can you find a waterfowl rehabber that might take him in? Are you in the USA?
If you could get some liquid b complex that works so much better when one has lameness than even Nutritional yeast and brewers yeast.
Bless you for saving his life but he still needs protection.This will show you what type of liquid B complex to get.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/
:welcome
hello and thank you, I won't realease him yet till hes fine! I will try out the vitamin b, and let you what happened.

Another thing to think about is how he is going to be accepted by the other Muscovy. Being a drake he is going to have a hard time. If possible you might want to start taking him out around the other ducks if you can keep him safe. Muscovy drakes are territorial or all the ones I have had are they don't tolerate other drakes very well.
He's a gorgeous drake are there a lot of Muscovy where you live?

I raised this baby duckling because he couldn't walk. it's legs were on the side and we always stood behind crying wanted to catch up with its brothers and sisters, one day he was left behind and picked it up amd start to raise it, tbh all your guys post in this forum helped me to raise my duckling amd im grateful for that.
I always give it food, I bought a pack of ducking starting growth and he's being eating that food since today, ofc I add some veggies and fruit also nutrientional yest. I don't know but since little he had problems with its legs , right now we just wants to lay down, it walks but not as much as I see a normal duck , he also walks like lame, I think he supports one leg more than the other.
I want to release him soon, so he can be with other ducks and live a normal life, but it worries me that he doesn't walk as muc
for every one that replied to this, he's a lot better now, he walks amd he'd a happy duck, thank you for giving me instructions they worked !

Back
Top Bottom