My weightloss journey

Were you in the military? Honestly its all on my phone. Are you saying I should exercise every time I pick up my phone? Id be awake at 6 and in bed before the chickens!
I'm saying one walk every other day is not going to make you lose weight neither will eating a spoonful of powder nor will taking an energy pill.

I'm saying you have to move more.

Other than my fiancee no one is being very supportive. Just negative. My sister said she "thought I was addicted to carbs" when I said I was doing Atkins. She then made several comments about "how fat" Ive gotten. Honestly, I'm happy with who I am. Even with the weight. I'd just like to be slimmer. I dont have to be a super model and quite frankly seeing the ribs on those girls makes me sick
Everyone should love the body they're in. I've had that same "just do it" attitude from my family and it honestly never motivated me to do anything other than get frustrated. My husband is not supportive in the other direction because he thinks I look fine and so offers snacks, candies, and sodas because "you're already beautiful". That's a lovely sentiment from someone but it comes back to: you should love the body you live in. I'm not lovin' it so I'm doing what I can to get there. I'm pretty active already, dont see how I could have more time in my day to be more active, so I'm working it from the food angle. I'm sure both food and exercise are important but you have to start somewhere ;)

I'm saying one walk every other day is not going to make you lose weight neither will eating a spoonful of powder nor will taking an energy pill.

I'm saying you have to move more.
Not to offend you but what is the heaviest you've ever been? Have you ever experienced problems with weight loss? Honestly you sound like my fiancee who is probably 150 soaking wet.

Other than my fiancee no one is being very supportive. Just negative. My sister said she "thought I was addicted to carbs" when I said I was doing Atkins. She then made several comments about "how fat" Ive gotten. Honestly, I'm happy with who I am. Even with the weight. I'd just like to be slimmer. I dont have to be a super model and quite frankly seeing the ribs on those girls makes me sick
If you’re in this for the support and attention of others, you need to revisit your why.

I am seeing a lot of ‘yeah-but’ statements.

Kiki isn’t going to fluff it up and tell you anything except what you need. If you do good, that will get recognized. Betting if you got a Fitbit she’d keep in touch and push each other. What she’s NOT going to do is be afraid of hurting your feelings. Some pills are tough to swallow. Bet she’d even help you choke down even the bitterest of them.

Everyone should love the body they're in. I've had that same "just do it" attitude from my family and it honestly never motivated me to do anything other than get frustrated. My husband is not supportive in the other direction because he thinks I look fine and so offers snacks, candies, and sodas because "you're already beautiful". That's a lovely sentiment from someone but it comes back to: you should love the body you live in. I'm not lovin' it so I'm doing what I can to get there. I'm pretty active already, dont see how I could have more time in my day to be more active, so I'm working it from the food angle. I'm sure both food and exercise are important but you have to start somewhere ;)
I understand your point. I'm not arguing against the fact I need to move more I'm just trying to find something that works that I can stick to

Not to offend you but what is the heaviest you've ever been? Have you ever experienced problems with weight loss? Honestly you sound like my fiancee who is probably 150 soaking wet.
I don’t get offended.
I was once fat and I know how hard it is to lose weight. I also know you will not lose it by trying to stick to a certain diet that you don't like.
I know, without a doubt, it takes moving more to lose weight.

Does any of this make her advice less valid?

Who cares about her. Focus on you. You can do this.

I understand your point. I'm not arguing against the fact I need to move more I'm just trying to find something that works that I can stick to
Set stupid rules...like...
I can't get on BYC until I go walk for ten minutes this hour.

Next hour...I can't play online until I move for ten more minutes.

Back
Top Bottom