My weightloss journey

If you’re in this for the support and attention of others, you need to revisit your why.

I am seeing a lot of ‘yeah-but’ statements.

Kiki isn’t going to fluff it up and tell you anything except what you need. If you do good, that will get recognized. Betting if you got a Fitbit she’d keep in touch and push each other. What she’s NOT going to do is be afraid of hurting your feelings. Some pills are tough to swallow. Bet she’d even help you choke down even the bitterest of them.
I'm not afraid. I know I'm overweight. I'm not looking for a sugar coating. I'm looking for support AND a low impact workout. Simply "you need to move more" is not helpful. That is already understood. I recognize that. I want to find a workout I enjoy so that I CAN move more and ENJOY moving more. I'm not making excuses. I'm looking for support and help finding something that works so I can stick to it

I'm not afraid. I know I'm overweight. I'm not looking for a sugar coating. I'm looking for support AND a low impact workout. Simply "you need to move more" is not helpful. That is already understood. I recognize that. I want to find a workout I enjoy so that I CAN move more and ENJOY moving more. I'm not making excuses. I'm looking for support and help finding something that works so I can stick to it
You seem to like walking your dog. Do it twice a day for twice the time you currently do.

Set stupid rules...like...
I cant get on BYC until I go walk for ten minutes this hour.

Next hour...I cant play online until I move for ten more minutes.
Honestly I dont play online or go on BYC unless its my morning coffee or before bed. My usual routine is news, 9 at 9 (fun news) errands, home, chicken chores, house work, make dinner, chickens to bed, chill til bed.

Do 20 proper squats the last five minutes of every hour. Low impact. Fast. Engages the largest muscle group in the body. Takes less time than a proper crapper run. Heart rate increase makes changes for the next 30-40 minutes. Wash rinse repeat. 320 squats spread out through the day. 340 if you do them before you get dressed after waking up.

Black and white. There you go.

Honestly I dont play online or go on BYC unless its my morning coffee or before bed. My usual routine is news, 9 at 9 (fun news) errands, home, chicken chores, house work, make dinner, chickens to bed, chill til bed.
Change your routine.
Get up earlier and go for a walk before you watch the news.

You seem to like walking your dog. Do it twice a day for twice the time you currently do.
I dont like walking her. I love her and she loves a walk so I walk her. I hate walking her. She pulls all the time and everytime I start getting a good pace she stops. I do it for her, not for me.

I'm saying one walk every other day is not going to make you lose weight neither will eating a spoonful of powder nor will taking an energy pill.

I'm saying you have to move more.
Lol don't knock that spoonful of powder! It really does help with curbing appetite, feeling full after a smaller meal, regulating healthy bowel movements (tmi?), and absorbing excess fats from your meal that you would normally absorb/store and allowing them to be excreted. Not everyone can fit an hour of running into their schedule to only burn 500 calories. I know that I definitely couldn't get an hour to myself (work, kids, animals, chores, mealtime prep, meals with the kids, bedtime routines, and then an exhausted collapse into bed). It sounds like OP is still young so probably has fewer of these things to balance but we shouldn't assume that she can just go climb a mountain and that if she doesn't she is doomed.

Do 20 proper squats the last five minutes of every hour. Low impact. Fast. Engages the largest muscle group in the body. Takes less time than a proper crapper run. Heart rate increase makes changes for the next 30-40 minutes. Wash rinse repeat. 320 squats spread out through the day. 340 if you do them before you get dressed after waking up.

Black and white. There you go.
I guess I'd just rather have 1 hour long low impact workout than seperate things out. Just have my obligation done with. Again not trying to make excuses but I know my limits and discipline level. Thats why all the previous things failed. I eventually gave up because it was too strict or too involved.

Lol don't knock that spoonful of powder! It really does help with curbing appetite, feeling full after a smaller meal, regulating healthy bowel movements (tmi?), and absorbing excess fats from your meal that you would normally absorb/store and allowing them to be excreted. Not everyone can fit an hour of running into their schedule to only burn 500 calories. I know that I definitely couldn't get an hour to myself (work, kids, animals, chores, mealtime prep, meals with the kids, bedtime routines, and then an exhausted collapse into bed). It sounds like OP is still young so probably has fewer of these things to balance but we shouldn't assume that she can just go climb a mountain and that if she doesn't she is doomed.
OP needs to figure what she CAN do and start there. There’s been many suggestions and the same amount of reasons why that doesn’t work

The horse to water adage comes to mind.

Good luck OP.Hope you find your why. This journey is hard enough without it.

You could try doing pilates. I did that before I had my second child. That lovely bundle of joy gave me an umbilical hernia so now I am limited in safe core exercises but I remember really liking the low impact and I felt much sleeker. I also try to do some butt toning exercises while I cook dinner haha. That probably doesnt burn many calories but I think it probably helps tone the muscles under my flub. I cant really set dedicated time aside so I try to multitask when I can :plbb

You could also take up dance. Dance is just exercise in disguise.

Back
Top Bottom