My weightloss journey

Lol don't knock that spoonful of powder! It really does help with curbing appetite, feeling full after a smaller meal, regulating healthy bowel movements (tmi?), and absorbing excess fats from your meal that you would normally absorb/store and allowing them to be excreted. Not everyone can fit an hour of running into their schedule to only burn 500 calories. I know that I definitely couldn't get an hour to myself (work, kids, animals, chores, mealtime prep, meals with the kids, bedtime routines, and then an exhausted collapse into bed). It sounds like OP is still young so probably has fewer of these things to balance but we shouldn't assume that she can just go climb a mountain and that if she doesn't she is doomed.
Im in my early thirties with no children but I still find the work life balance hard especially with planning a wedding.

You could try doing pilates. I did that before I had my second child. That lovely bundle of joy gave me an umbilical hernia so now I am limited in safe core exercises but I remember really liking the low impact and I felt much sleeker. I also try to do some butt toning exercises while I cook dinner haha. That probably doesnt burn many calories but I think it probably helps tone the muscles under my flub. I cant really set dedicated time aside so I try to multitask when I can :plbb

You could also take up dance. Dance is just exercise in disguise.
I danced in high school and really enjoyed it. I'd like to try Pilates but I'd rather not take a class because of previous experience. Any books or videos you can recommend?

OP needs to figure what she CAN do and start there. There’s been many suggestions and the same amount of reasons why that doesn’t work

The horse to water adage comes to mind.

Good luck OP.Hope you find your why. This journey is hard enough without it.
There is alot that I CAN do. It's the will and want. If an exercise is torture I cant maintain it. I'll quit and I know it. Not setting myself up for failure just knowing myself. I need something that I enjoy. I need to enjoy working out

There is alot that I CAN do. It's the will and want. If an exercise is torture I cant maintain it. I'll quit and I know it. Not setting myself up for failure just knowing myself. I need something that I enjoy. I need to enjoy working out
Do people actually enjoy working out?
This is where you have to push yourself.

I danced in high school and really enjoyed it. I'd like to try Pilates but I'd rather not take a class because of previous experience. Any books or videos you can recommend?
You think things are hard now...just wait until you have children.

Im in my early thirties with no children but I still find the work life balance hard especially with planning a wedding.
I feel ya. I'm a teacher in my 30s with 2 kids and the line between personal time and work time can be hard to manage. Especially now with corona virus making so many people work remotely. I get emails at all hours from students, parents, and staff and they always want an immediate reply. I try to compartmentalize as much as possible. For me that means I only do work stuff during certain hours and personal stuff the rest of my hours. Maybe you can set a recurring event for yourself so that you and your fiance practice your dance routine for your reception or play ultimate frisbee or some other 2 person activity that gets you moving and helps you bond on this journey. Having his support will make it much easier and he should be excited for you. You want to take control of something that bothers you and that's great!

So don’t start, that way you cannot be disappointed.

Good luck.
I’ll waste my time elsewhere.

There are tons of great YouTube videos!
I have had this same dilemma, as well as having limited mobility due to RA and very limited space in my house. I find 5 or 15 min workouts easiest and really love watching a few and then seeing what moves I can incorporate into my house cleaning or chores.

Back
Top Bottom