my yard is starting to flood..*pic heavy*I think it might be over now

we had a flood here a couple of years ago ... my trailer sits 4 1/2 feet from the grouund and water alost got in my trailer... we had to boat the kids out to the main road sothey could get to school.. dh and myself couldnt fit in our little boat with the kids so hubby pulled the boat down the road n=and i was hanging on to the back.. their was a couple of spots the water was over my head and I had to float hanging onto the boat... great laughs about it now... wasn't funny then...
hope the water doesn't rise any further

I hope so too, I'm already starting to have a hard enough time getting to my coops to feed and water, I'm waiting for low tide so I can go check up on my outside chickens. Some parts of the yard between me and them are high enough to get to the top of my boots, though their run isn't as full of water as everything else. The 8 I hatched are still inside in the newer brooder box I built before this started. I need to see if any of my friends have a pair of hip waders I can borrow so I can get around better here without getting completely soaked. Apparently hwy 12 and the 'beach' part of this county is under water, emergency management wanted hubby to take the hwy 12 route and assumed he had a boat
roll.png
how thick could they get, honestly! I don't know what made them think that we have a boat, but they needed someone with a boat to go there last night. What they need to do is call the freaking coast guard. I still can't believe hubby still went to work in this crap. Who the heck is going to go to a freaking auto parts store in this?!?! The roads are flooded and there's not really any work that can be done to any vehicle in this crap. I just hope he made it there safely, I'm gonna give him a call here in a minute to make sure.

Quote:
Sorry to go off-topic, but KansasEq what the heck are you doing out here in a stilt house? Where do you go when the tornado sirens go off all Spring??

Quote:
I saw a post on Twitter yesterday that this makes me think of: "My husband is a kind, loving wonderful man. He goes to work everyday, no matter how tired or how much he doesn't want to. He's an everyday hero."

Sounds like your DH does an awful lot and is a great guy! I hope your outside birds are good and that the rain subsides soon! We have had some Spring seasons like that, and in '93 when the Midwest flooding was sooooooo bad, the restaurant I worked for had to canoe over to the bakery to get the fresh breads we used, because the whole North side of town was under several feet of water for two weeks. It's a very odd reality!

Hope it goes away swiftly for you!

My hubby is the most awesome guy I know. I'm not frustrated with him going to work, I'm frustrated with them MAKING him go to work when I need him here because everything is falling apart. A friend of mine just drove his jeep here to bring me a pair of hip waders so I could get to my pump house and move some wires so I can turn the thing back on and try to fill up some gallons of water because the ones I had were outside near my chicken coop and the winds blew them off the table and they're all floating around now and I have no idea where all the lids to the gallon jugs floated to. I have no idea where he's going to park when he gets home because now there is no high ground that's not under water. At my pump house the water comes up to mid thigh on these hip waders and all the spiders and ants have taken refuge in there as well so I have to take care of them before I can get to the wires to move them higher. the stand that my ac unit is on is slowly sinking on one side so I have to find one of the 4x4s so I can screw or nail in into the stand, next to the unit, so that if it sinks more it won't slide off into the water. Sorry for the ranting guys, I'm just very frustrated. I'm doing what I can with what I've got. The water in my chicken run is now calf high and this is supposed to be low tide right now...I'm really dreading 4pm when high tide rolls around if this wind and rain doesn't stop. And hubby doesn't get off of work until 4:30 and he probably won't be home until at least 5pm. The wind is shaking the house it's so strong right now.... This was supposed to be gone already but instead it's just steadily getting worse...not the rain but the wind and the flooding. It's still raining off and on right now..but the wind is blowing the water towards my house.

thank you all for the kind words, support and prayers... I know I'm not the only one out there dealing with this either at the moment. I just hope it goes away soon...

that it does lol and the chickens are pretty peeved because they've been locked up for a few days and their run is under water, about calf high.. If I have to end up moving them into the closed in porch room w/ the dryer in it, I'll probably have to put them on my surf boards and float them to the house lol for right now the surf boards are helping to keep the stand that the ac unit is on from sinking anymore. Hopefully the water doesn't come up another 1 1/2 to 2ft or I will have to do that.

Back
Top Bottom