Mycoplasma

3 injections of Tylan 200 from the vet and I am not seeing any improvement. His one eye is swollen and has pus in it . The other still has bubbles. I am at my wits end. Does he have something else besides MP? I have ordered Terramycin just haven’t received it yet. I fear I may have to put him down

Tylan can help treat symptoms, but if there is pus in the sinus cavity, it needs to come out. Nothing will cure MG. There can be secondary infections, such as E.coli that can complicate MG and other respiratory diseases.

3 injections of Tylan 200 from the vet and I am not seeing any improvement. His one eye is swollen and has pus in it . The other still has bubbles. I am at my wits end. Does he have something else besides MP? I have ordered Terramycin just haven’t received it yet. I fear I may have to put him

Tylan can help treat symptoms, but if there is pus in the sinus cavity, it needs to come out. Nothing will cure MG. There can be secondary infections, such as E.coli that can complicate MG and other respiratory diseases.
How do I remove it? I noticed some had come out on its own by his eye . The swollen area isn’t soft like a pus pocket it’s more hard.

Is there a bad odor around the face? Go back to post 7 and look at the video on removing pus from around an eye. You can clean the eye with saline eye wash or saline, and apply Terramycin eye or plain Neosporin ointment to the eyes. Your vet may be of help. With pus removal, but not a lot of vets deal with chickens. Tylan or tylosin is usually given 3 times a day or continuously in the water. It can be given orally.

Is there a bad odor around the face? Go back to post 7 and look at the video on removing pus from around an eye. You can clean the eye with saline eye wash or saline, and apply Terramycin eye or plain Neosporin ointment to the eyes. Your vet may be of help. With pus removal, but not a lot of vets deal with chickens. Tylan or tylosin is usually given 3 times a day or continuously in the water. It can be given orally.
I watched the video but when I go to his eye he has no puss around it. I did just go out and removed some puss that had formed. I cleaned his eye with saline and put neosporin in it as well. With giving him Tylan 3 times a day is that as an injection or orally?Sorry to be such a pain. I so appreciate your help .

Back
Top Bottom