Mypetchicken.com Question

vortec

Songster
10 Years
Jan 29, 2009
Martin County, NC
I am thinking of ordering a few chicks from mypetchicken.com and I want to know if they will include packing peanuts if I only get three or less. Thanks!

vortec

i do not believe they include packing peanuts but to only order 3 you have to live in a major city if you live farther off you have to get like 5 or 6

You can only get fewer than 6 if you're near or in a large city. They don't send packing peanuts.

From their order pages:

How to determine the best minimum for you:
Our smallest order size of 3 chicks applies to major cities only, such as Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, Portland OR, etc., due to the speed with which they can be delivered. If you live within 30 minutes of a major city, the best minimum is 5 chicks. For any town or rural area that is more than 30 minutes from a major city, our minimum is 8 chicks. This is to protect the chicks due to increased time in transit. If you are ordering Bantams, we strongly recommend that you add two chicks to any of the above quantities. We love our babies too much to let anything happen to them!​

If you live in a big city and you order three or more, they won't. If you live 30 min away from major city and you order 5 or more, they won't.
But if you do less than these minimums, they probably will. If you order bantams you have to add two chicks to the minimum quantity.

Never mind!
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Oh well then I will have to get 5 or 6, then. The only thing is that I really don't need any more roos of any kind and I already am pretty set on standard layers. And the bantams are $10 for sexed pullets. I guess I might have to get a couple standard pullets to keep cost down. Anybody whose within pickup area of Williamston, NC need anything? We can combine orders. Just let me know.

vortec

Vortec - post this on craigslist, too. I met coffeelady3 this way: we split a 6-pack of chicks (minimum purchase in our area at feed stores) last year. You may find someone on CL who is willing to split an order with you.

Back
Top Bottom