Mystery Bantam

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CluckyJay, Nov 14, 2011.

1. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    What do you suppose this is?

Its about a year old.

A barred rock bantam cross or a Dominique bantam cross? It is clean-legged and has a small muff and beard. They only had bantams in the pen.

They had a millie, BBs and more like this one, only they had clean faces. Its so cute and small. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a mystery to me as I have no idea what other bantams they had in that pen, lol. I'm pretty sure they never had standards in there. They were all so dang cute. [​IMG]

Oh, roo or hen?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  2. RetiredArmyWife

RetiredArmyWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2011
    Marlow, Oklahoma
    Cuckoo Maran?

3. CluckyJay

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Hey, that really does look like this tiny gal/guy!!! I remembered what the guy said now, these chickens haven't had babies yet so they probably aren't crosses. You think I really got a CM?? I always wanted one of those, LOL.

Man I can just taste the picked eggs!!!

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Definitely a cross.. Not sure with what though. It would be bantam BR with something else. Legs are very pink.. Hmm.. That's tough..

5. aoxa

Quote:I don't think so. His bars are too lined up to be maran.

6. CluckyJay

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Hehe. Its a hen though, right? I took a chance because that cute little fluffy face! Its really sweet but scared of me. And SO fat. Man they must feed these guys candy, lol. I didn't see any EEs in there, hmm.

7. aoxa

Quote:Sorry, yes looks like a hen [​IMG]

My standard BR has pink legs as well. She could just be a bantam BR with bad leg colouring.

8. RetiredArmyWife

Nov 12, 2011
    Marlow, Oklahoma
    I am pretty new at this, but I have two CMs and they sure look alot like that. I can never tell roo or hens for sure untill I hear cockle doodle do or see an egg [​IMG] Whatever it is a pretty bird.
    Quote:

9. CluckyJay

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Ohh, I am so danged happy its a hen. I would have been happy with a roo too though. Oh man, I can't wait for tiny babies. He said they hadn't started laying yet. But they are around a year old? Think its because of a fatty diet? Hmm. Man I wanna go back and buy more. His chickens all looked so healthy and happy. Just a bit fat, hehe.

10. RetiredArmyWife

Nov 12, 2011
    Marlow, Oklahoma
    [​IMG] Like I said I'm kinda new at this so I am more likely wrong LOL
    Quote:I don't think so. His bars are too lined up to be maran.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by