Mystery Bantam

CluckyJay

Songster
8 Years
Feb 23, 2011
Crossville, Tennessee
What do you suppose this is?

Its about a year old.

A barred rock bantam cross or a Dominique bantam cross? It is clean-legged and has a small muff and beard. They only had bantams in the pen.

They had a millie, BBs and more like this one, only they had clean faces. Its so cute and small. lol

BarredRockBantam3.jpg

BarredRockBantam4.jpg

BarredRockBantam2.jpg

BarredRockBantam1.jpg

BarredRockBantam.jpg

Its a mystery to me as I have no idea what other bantams they had in that pen, lol. I'm pretty sure they never had standards in there. They were all so dang cute.
celebrate.gif

Oh, roo or hen?

Last edited:
Hey, that really does look like this tiny gal/guy!!! I remembered what the guy said now, these chickens haven't had babies yet so they probably aren't crosses. You think I really got a CM?? I always wanted one of those, LOL.

Man I can just taste the picked eggs!!!

Hehe. Its a hen though, right? I took a chance because that cute little fluffy face! Its really sweet but scared of me. And SO fat. Man they must feed these guys candy, lol. I didn't see any EEs in there, hmm.

I am pretty new at this, but I have two CMs and they sure look alot like that. I can never tell roo or hens for sure untill I hear cockle doodle do or see an egg
roll.png
Whatever it is a pretty bird.
Quote:

Ohh, I am so danged happy its a hen. I would have been happy with a roo too though. Oh man, I can't wait for tiny babies. He said they hadn't started laying yet. But they are around a year old? Think its because of a fatty diet? Hmm. Man I wanna go back and buy more. His chickens all looked so healthy and happy. Just a bit fat, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom