Mystery black Bantam pair....Black Langshan or Cochin, maybe?

lol! I was posting from my phone-the pics LOOK like they had white faces on that tiny screen.....
hide.gif

They do look, very close, if not exactly like Langshans, but the white earlobes on both of them...??? I got them for only $15, and they are beautiful. I do believe they are missing some leg and foot feathers as I can see several prickles....but, they were in close confines with no run. This lady sold many eggs and chicks from this pair as Cochins. Not sure if I should let her know.

Yes, rooster has a red on wings and neck--may be a band all the way around the neck, too. The hen is solid. Both have the green cast.

Some people actually think that if it has feathered legs its a Cochin,same as allot of people think that all little chickens are a breed called Bantam.

Some people actually think that if it has feathered legs its a Cochin,same as allot of people think that all little chickens are a breed called Bantam.
True. These are more feathered feet- middle toe is clean. And, skin and beak are a bit darker. They are quite small and the eggs are a bit wider than a quarter-maybe, but I'm no one to ask about breed-that is why I asked here.

Back
Top Bottom