Mystery Chick

Mycookoonest

Songster
11 Years
May 29, 2008
Hudson Valley NY
Ok this chick hatched out with my White Silkie (Dolly). It's the all black one. It's almost 4 weeks old. It's the same size as my last hatch which is about 2 weeks old. So I'm sure it's a bantam something or other... but I highly doubt it's a Silkie as was advertised as those were the eggs I was getting.

Can anyone tell me what gender/breed this mystery chick may be?
012-7.jpg

013-5.jpg

It looks just like my black stars but I guess that since it is on the small size that it isn't. Good Luck.
Lov
Liv

He's cool! If he's a boy, you should name him John Shaft. Are those other ones auracanas? They come in so many colors. I see you also have what looks like a chipmunk, over on the right in the second picture. We had one too, and we named him Chipmunk, but now, 8 weeks later, he doesn't look like a chipmunk anymore! So now we call him "the chicken formerly known as Chipmunk." He's this beautiful cinnamon brown color with a bunch of yellowish and gray accents and his neck feathers puff out and he's starting to grow some puffy feathers from the sides of his head. Plus, he and his brother, Big Brown, make funny adolescent "cock a doodle doo" noises in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom