1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery Chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mycookoonest, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Ok this chick hatched out with my White Silkie (Dolly). It's the all black one. It's almost 4 weeks old. It's the same size as my last hatch which is about 2 weeks old. So I'm sure it's a bantam something or other... but I highly doubt it's a Silkie as was advertised as those were the eggs I was getting.

Can anyone tell me what gender/breed this mystery chick may be?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    cute but no idea :|

3. comerrick

comerrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    It looks just like my black stars but I guess that since it is on the small size that it isn't. Good Luck.
    Lov
    Liv

4. Los Pollitos

Los Pollitos Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2008
    Georgia
    He's cool! If he's a boy, you should name him John Shaft. Are those other ones auracanas? They come in so many colors. I see you also have what looks like a chipmunk, over on the right in the second picture. We had one too, and we named him Chipmunk, but now, 8 weeks later, he doesn't look like a chipmunk anymore! So now we call him "the chicken formerly known as Chipmunk." He's this beautiful cinnamon brown color with a bunch of yellowish and gray accents and his neck feathers puff out and he's starting to grow some puffy feathers from the sides of his head. Plus, he and his brother, Big Brown, make funny adolescent "cock a doodle doo" noises in the morning!

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    It does look a lot my black star (black sex-linked) did at that age.

6. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Kinda looks like my black australorp. Hmm do they come as bantams?

Sonja

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by