Mystery chicks from TSC

MandolinMan

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2021
My wife picked these two up from the local TSC. They must have had some label issues because they were sold as day old GLW. As we are new to chickens (this is the second batch of chicks this year) she quickly realized there was a mix up. In looking at photos I believe these could be buff orpingtons or buff Wyandotte’s??

Anyone have any ideas. They are roughly five weeks old.

Also I believe the one with the visible comb may be a roo. Tail feathers are shorter at the moment on that one as well.

Any help would be appreciated. TYIA.

Attachments

• D3725926-1F4A-43BA-A4B3-037C263DB9D4.jpeg
    D3725926-1F4A-43BA-A4B3-037C263DB9D4.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 8BD26DE7-ED7E-4C4C-B716-289015C68067.jpeg
    8BD26DE7-ED7E-4C4C-B716-289015C68067.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 39
My wife picked these two up from the local TSC. They must have had some label issues because they were sold as day old GLW. As we are new to chickens (this is the second batch of chicks this year) she quickly realized there was a mix up. In looking at photos I believe these could be buff orpingtons or buff Wyandotte’s??

Anyone have any ideas. They are roughly five weeks old.

Also I believe the one with the visible comb may be a roo. Tail feathers are shorter at the moment on that one as well.

Any help would be appreciated. TYIA.
The first photo looks like its a MALE Buff Orpington. The second we need a comb photo (does not look like a buff orp bc of leg colour.)

They both look like Buff Orps to me. One cockerel, one pullet. I've seen a few yellow-legged Orps, it is a mark against them in the breed standard. They're supposed to be culled from show lines.

They both look like Buff Orps to me. One cockerel, one pullet. I've seen a few yellow-legged Orps, it is a mark against them in the breed standard. They're supposed to be culled from show lines.
Interesting.

ill check out the legs when I get home.

thanks.

Interesting.

ill check out the legs when I get home.

thanks.
Also wanted to point out that I don't think TSC lists Buff Rocks as one of their sold breeds, just Buff Brahmas, Buff Leghorns, Buff Cochins, and Buff Orps. So it'd be pretty weird for one of those to get mixed in. Might be a Buff Leghorn though.

Back
Top Bottom