Mystery chicks? What could they be?

AliNaz

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 24, 2013
Central Florida
I got two little ones from the My Pet Chicken rare breed assortment and have been trying to figure out what they could be. The first one I'm leaning towards a Black Marans or a Dominique. Any other guesses?

My other Mystery chick looks like a Silver Laced Polish to me. Could it be anything else?
They are both 4 days old in these pictures.

does the first chick have a white dot/ spot on the back of its head, if so not a black copper marans. does it have a single comb, if so than not a dom either

the other is a polish

Yes, it does have a white spot on the back of it's head. I can't really tell the type of comb as it is only one week old. What do you think it could be ramirezframing?

most black birds with the white spot on the back of the head are barred as adults, the ones I can think of right now (before coffee) are barred rock, doms, and cuckoo marans.

Leg coloring,IMHO, is not black enough to be an Australorp. BR? I don't think they have any black on their legs???? #1 has mostly dark legs. No feathers on its legs? Minorca, but it has a white spot on its head. Marans? No feathers visible on its legs. My guess would be a Dominique.
Can you get a pic pf its comb??

Last edited:
This list might help narrow it down. http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Day-Old-Baby-Chicks/Assorted-Rare-Breeds-p582.aspx It can't be a BR or Australorp as they are not on the list. Chick 1 does have black legs and pink toes. There are no feathers on its legs. At 1 week old does it really have a comb? I don't really see anything there. I could take a close up picture of it's face and post it. Thank you all for all the replies
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom