Mystery Roo - What do we think he could be?!

TaylorLD

In the Brooder
Oct 10, 2022
Hi all! I’ve got this beautiful approx 8 month old rooster. He’s frizzled, but I can not for the life of me decide what mixed breed he is. He was a rescue from the soup pot. Any best guesses? Or even a best guess to what egg colour he will throw to his babies? Thanks much

Attachments

• F2F152ED-952D-4E0D-BD90-C45AF53B6218.jpeg
    F2F152ED-952D-4E0D-BD90-C45AF53B6218.jpeg
    995.3 KB · Views: 12
Hi all! I’ve got this beautiful approx 8 month old rooster. He’s frizzled, but I can not for the life of me decide what mixed breed he is. He was a rescue from the soup pot. Any best guesses? Or even a best guess to what egg colour he will throw to his babies? Thanks much
I meant to add, he’s a full sized rooster, not a bantam. Same size as my barred rock and wyandottes

He's very mixed. Most likely his frizzling came from a bantam cochin but it must have been at least a couple of generations back since his legs are clean. He has hints of a beard, so that could mean he has some Easter egger or olive egger in him. Egg color? Well, he is a large rooster, you say, and there are very few large breeds that lay white eggs. So chances are he will throw brown or less likely, green eggs.

If he didn't have all that fancy stuff on him, he would look a lot like by Black Australorp rooster.

Attachments

• Cogburn 1.jpg
    Cogburn 1.jpg
    817.2 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom