N.E. Chickenstock 2011!!!!!! Who's up for it??

You guys are my heroes................you have kids, a DH, work, other pets and then hatch and raise your own chickens....................................................

Quote:
alot of work but so worth it..I feel so bad that my 11 yr DD has her class trip to Boston but I have done ALL trips with my girls so daddy stepped up with my help and he is going so mommy can have some chicken crazy fun:) The oldest Freshman DD will stay at inlaws next door and have chicken responsibilities:) She hates chickens...LOL..I love torturing her with chicken chores..haha

I only have pure Mille Fleur Booteds since my porcelain d'uccle hen died
idunno.gif
my others are mutts...

Quote:
alot of work but so worth it..I feel so bad that my 11 yr DD has her class trip to Boston but I have done ALL trips with my girls so daddy stepped up with my help and he is going so mommy can have some chicken crazy fun:) The oldest Freshman DD will stay at inlaws next door and have chicken responsibilities:) She hates chickens...LOL..I love torturing her with chicken chores..haha

evil...
lau.gif

Quote:
Well that's a side of you I've never witnessed. My 18 yr old DD liked the chicks for about 5 minutes - that ended when she found poop in her hand.
She has had to collect eggs though.

Quote:
Well that's a side of you I've never witnessed. My 18 yr old DD liked the chicks for about 5 minutes - that ended when she found poop in her hand.
She has had to collect eggs though.

haha..she knows that animal chores come first when she gets off that bus..DOgs walked and Mom ALWAYS goes down to the chickens first to make aure they are all good and collect the eggs...Thats my favorite part and everyoe knows it. I love reaching underneath those fat butts to get those eggs..All my hens except 1 I can pick right up or reach under if they are in a nesting box-they are so used to me touching them..Its awesome:) Oh and with DD, she knows if she does something not cool shes on dish duty or chicken duty so needless to say she is a great behaved teenager:)

I am very interested in heading out of ct to your chickenstock I went to my first one last year ..it was in ct, a good time to be had by all,.... can't commit yet, but I will be in touch.
-joe-

Back
Top Bottom