Naked chick? *Sweater Pics* (page 2)

lemurchaser

Songster
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
Corvallis, OR
I have a 5 week old light brahma chick that is becoming practically naked. It's losing its fluff and not replacing it with feathers fast enough. Is this normal? He's really mangy looking.

I've checked for mites, and didn't see any. Skin looks healthy underneath, although maybe a little dry.

The chick is eating medicated crumbles, everyone else is healthy, chick is very active and growing, but kind of a freak. He's very nervous and skittish compared to the other chicks, and if I grab him (or heaven forbid, remove him from the coop) he throws a complete fit of screaming, chirping, and struggling and will not settle down until he's back. They do still have a heat lamp, and I don't think he's getting cold.

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

Last edited:
o dear! poor thing! I wish I could help you, but I have no clue what's wrong..... maybe you should start knitting sweaters for him! lol jk
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Ah, that's a good idea. I've been giving them a couple mealworms each most days, but some eggs are a good idea. He seems healthy enough. I think I'll put some vitamins in their water too.

Quote:
Hahaha... actually I do have a chicken sweater my sister made for me. I'll go put it on him tomorrow... at least long enough to take a picture!
big_smile.png

try some cod liver oil a tea spoon over the feed every 3/4 days ,and apply cider vinegar in the water 20ml to a Litre both help development of feathers and promote good health in side and out plus also help to keep parasites away
smile.png
smile.png
cheap two garlic gloves in the water also its a natural anti biotic but not at the same time as the vinegar, plus do not use a metal drinker if you try the apple cider vinegar ,it reacts with the metal coursing it to oxidise good luck
smile.png
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom