Naked Ladies

TeaRoseHens

Hatching
May 31, 2016
Please help. My ladies are about a year old and have been losing feathers since February. I supplement their layer feed with BOSS so they should have enough protein. I have checked for mites and lice multiple times and have found nothing. They don't appear to be pecking each other as they only irritation on their skin seems to be just from sunburn. They are still laying well and are acting fine.... Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Some more info, I have 26 Black Australorp hens and I have not noticed any aggression. They have constant access do layer feed and water. Weather here in central California is constntly changing with very wide temperature swings. Hope some of this info helps.

I'm sure some pictures would encourage people to guess.
smile.png

Following this thread because my Australorp is having the same issue. She is looking like a cancer patient but still the top hen. She eats well, very active, and lays regularly. I supplement her feed with mealworms, protein, and all sorts of stuff to no avail.

For some reason I cannot upload the images from phone. I will try to get them on my desktop tomorrow..... Basically they have bald necks, chests and bums. Their wings and tails are still intact. I thought molting at first but this has lasted too long.

For some reason I cannot upload the images from phone. I will try to get them on my desktop tomorrow..... Basically they have bald necks, chests and bums. Their wings and tails are still intact. I thought molting at first but this has lasted too long.

Sounds like they are turning into Naked Necks. Maby a mite?

It's probably molting or they are pecking each other. However, I would recommend posting in the "Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures" section. They might have a better idea of what's going on.

Here is a pic from yesterday morning. If it hadent lasted so long I would agree with molting. I dont think it is pecking because their undersides are completely bare and they have no injuries on this skin, just bare....

Back
Top Bottom