Naked neck chick question??

15549_000_0064.jpg
And one more

I kinda freaked out over the bulgey little things, myself.
smile.png
Though I was used to seeing full crops on my others, I was so not prepared for THAT!!! Mine are 4 weeks old now and I am ALMOST used to it enough that I don't expect them to drop dead any second!!! LOL I think they are ADORABLE and wouldn't trade them for anything!!!

Do you have pics of yours? I would like to see some older ones to compare mine to.

I have them and show them occassionally. I let the local elementary school use an incubator to hatch chickens. One day the pre-school teacher called my wife, who is a secretary at the school to send one of my sons down to look at a sick chick. He went down there and what they had was a baby naked neck. The teacher thought something was wrong.

Even though they do not show well,I really like them. I currently have five chicks and four of the red NN bantams have a completely bare neck, no bow tie, just skin.

I got two of the NN and four little Cochins ( I think) at Rural King two weeks ago. These two are really little characters . They try to eat my fingers . The others try to move a way more if I try to rub them or tickle them. But the little NN just stand there and try to peck my fingers ( and my silver ring) Off. I think these two are gonna be nuts.

Wayne

I will take a few.
smile.png
They are just gorgeous....of course!!!
smile.png
Let me go see how well they will cooperate for me.
smile.png
Oh, and just for now, here they are at a few days old.
smile.png

Margaret and Beatrice
0071235290276581.jpg

Quote:
My two look like your little yellow one? Their wings are turning red with black markings , so I have no idea what color they will be when they get big. Where did you get yours Canning Squirrel? Got mine at Rural King.

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom