Naked Neck guesses please

Can anyone tell me what comb this is?

There are 5 points in a line from beak backwards like a single comb, and then another 5 points in a line going from ear to ear.

Strangest thing I've seen.

Also what colour? Splash or paint? Thinking some silkie in the genes somewhere, perhaps to create a showgirl bowtie, which this chick has.

It shouldn't be frizzled or crested for a Transylvanian Naked Neck.

Feet are grey and pink in patches. 4 toes and clean. Also has grey patches of skin on head and neck but mostly pink.

Need a genetics expert! @Amer 🙏

Attachments

• 20230827_185816.jpg
    20230827_185816.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 11
Those look like buttercup combs?

Wouldn't a naked neck and polish cross have an actual bare neck as I thought that gene was dominant? I might be wrong, just asking.

Those look like buttercup combs?

Wouldn't a naked neck and polish cross have an actual bare neck as I thought that gene was dominant? I might be wrong, just asking.
I don’t know what the comb is, I just know that is what type of comb I have gotten when breeding single comb to v comb

You get a 50/50 on getting a naked neck when breeding a naked neck to a normal chicken.
When breeding a naked neck to a naked neck you will get 100% naked neck. 50% will be bow tie and 50% will be stripper. Bow tie is single gene naked neck, Nn. Stripper is double gene naked neck, NN

Edit: both of your naked neck are bow tie. Strippers have no feathers on their necks.

I don’t know what the comb is, I just know that is what type of comb I have gotten when breeding single comb to v comb

You get a 50/50 on getting a naked neck when breeding a naked neck to a normal chicken.
When breeding a naked neck to a naked neck you will get 100% naked neck. 50% will be bow tie and 50% will be stripper. Bow tie is single gene naked neck, Nn. Stripper is double gene naked neck, NN

Edit: both of your naked neck are bow tie. Strippers have no feathers on their necks.
Thank you, that's very informative!

Arent purebreds naked necks double gene?
That wouldnt mean that all the crossbreed (with a non naked neck) offspring will be ''bow tie'' meaning single gene so all naked necks?
I am just asking!
I was looking for this info on the forum...
Not trying to be smart or rude.

Arent purebreds naked necks double gene?
That wouldnt mean that all the crossbreed (with a non naked neck) offspring will be ''bow tie'' meaning single gene so all naked necks?
I am just asking!
I was looking for this info on the forum...
Not trying to be smart or rude.
My purebred naked neck is a bow tie. When you breed two naked necks together you get 50% bow tie and 50% strippers so you can have a purebred bow tie naked neck.

Back
Top Bottom