Naked Neck/Turken Thread

All I can think of is "ETHEL GIT YER CLOTHES ON!!!" Roflmao!!! Omg, thats freaking awesome!!! Kassaundra sell me some eggs for them please OH PLEASE!!!!! I LOVE THAT RED RED ROOSTER!!!

if you post us pics of your NNs you will be forgiven!

try some Nn (with a bow), you might even love their looks. as they are growing they look like ladies in fur!

I do not have any at the moment as we moved into an HOA neighborhood where chickens are not allowed...but we are working on it. I hope to get a couple NNs as soon as we are allowed chickens...they are pretty cute despite their strange looks I have to admit...

Wow....I had never seen such truly naked naked chickens....yours are very pure, most of the ones I have seen have at least some tufts of feathers. They are actually very nice looking birds....do you sell hatching eggs? I still think the sweaters would sell well....I will apologize once more for my lack of courtesy, common sense, and feeling when I proceeded to type my original post. It was meant mainly as a joke, I really didn't mean to offend or upset anyone at all. I often refer to my quail and animals as ugly, affectionately. I actually joined the thread to learn more about NNs and I hope you can except my sincere apologies. I wish I could take back my post, but I cannot. I can only inform you that I meant no harm for all of those who think of these chickens as pets and family. They are considered livestock to me, but I should have given thought to others before I posted. They do not really give me the creeps, some of these birds are actually very beautiful. I made a bad joke and I hope you can forgive me for it. I feel bad to have upset anyone, as that was very much the opposite of my intentions. Once again, so very sorry. I, despite my lack of thought at the moment, do have some common sense and courtesy and feel terrible now. Please accept my apology for my rudeness. I should have considered my post more carefully before I clicked submit. I am very interested in the breed though, especially the completely featherless chickens. How are they bred? Are they meant for easier butchering (no plucking) or are they just an interesting breed? They don't seem very cold hardy, so they wouldn't be on my list of possible breeds, but they are very nice chickens and would probably make good meat birds....

I never tire of photos of your birds. These scaleless NNs really look like their prehistoric ancestors.....like Velociraptors, but friendly. Is that Rudy in the first photo? He really seems to like his sweater.

Yes Rudy is the 1 and 5 pics

They hate wearing the clothes but they love being warm!

Wow....I had never seen such truly naked naked chickens....yours are very pure, most of the ones I have seen have at least some tufts of feathers. They are actually very nice looking birds....do you sell hatching eggs? I still think the sweaters would sell well....I will apologize once more for my lack of courtesy, common sense, and feeling when I proceeded to type my original post. It was meant mainly as a joke, I really didn't mean to offend or upset anyone at all. I often refer to my quail and animals as ugly, affectionately. I actually joined the thread to learn more about NNs and I hope you can except my sincere apologies. I wish I could take back my post, but I cannot. I can only inform you that I meant no harm for all of those who think of these chickens as pets and family. They are considered livestock to me, but I should have given thought to others before I posted. They do not really give me the creeps, some of these birds are actually very beautiful. I made a bad joke and I hope you can forgive me for it. I feel bad to have upset anyone, as that was very much the opposite of my intentions. Once again, so very sorry. I, despite my lack of thought at the moment, do have some common sense and courtesy and feel terrible now. Please accept my apology for my rudeness. I should have considered my post more carefully before I clicked submit. I am very interested in the breed though, especially the completely featherless chickens. How are they bred? Are they meant for easier butchering (no plucking) or are they just an interesting breed? They don't seem very cold hardy, so they wouldn't be on my list of possible breeds, but they are very nice chickens and would probably make good meat birds....

These birds are genetically NN, however that is not why they are naked. They have a double hit of the scaleless gene, any chicken even the most feathered breed you can think of would be featherless with a double Sc gene. I am currently having fertility issues w/ my carrier eggs and the ScSc girls haven't started laying. There are a few of us on this thread that have birds w/ this genetic makeup.

All I can think of is "ETHEL GIT YER CLOTHES ON!!!" Roflmao!!! Omg, thats freaking awesome!!! Kassaundra sell me some eggs for them please OH PLEASE!!!!! I LOVE THAT RED RED ROOSTER!!!

That red rooster is Rudy, he has quite the story, this is a copy and paste from his thread on TEG

Rudy is quite a survivor, first of all the sc gene is recessive so both parents must carry this gene, I had no clue I had a female carrier (but I did know about the male carrier). His hatch was a hard one, the eggs all shrink wrapped, and had to be assisted. Rudy was shrink wrapped, but not yet ready to hatch, still needing about 12 hours to finish, but he didn't have 12 hours he would have died in his shell before then. At hatch he had a huge abd hernia, and was very weak.

His abd hernia had to be bandaged, he needed tape shoes on his feet and leg hobble to help support his weak and splayed legs. He had to be in bandages for 3 days, and needed hand feeding for 5. Then needed careful reintroduction to his hatchmates who were a bit over curious, in his weakened state.

He is now thriving and fully intergrated w/ his hatchmates. We still face hurdles not so much related to his hard hatch, but in how he will live in the outside and be a chicken. I have ideas as to how we can manage most of it. But it will be trial and error for sure.

dsc_0115_edited-1-jpg.2150

This is his first baby pic, but this was several days old, I didn't take pics of him at first b/c I thought he was going to die.

These birds are genetically NN, however that is not why they are naked.  They have a double hit of the scaleless gene, any chicken even the most feathered breed you can think of would be featherless with a double  Sc gene.  I am currently having fertility issues w/ my carrier eggs and the ScSc girls haven't started laying.  There are a few of us on this thread that have birds w/ this genetic makeup.

How interesting! I learn something new everyday...I'm sorry about your fertility issues...

LeafBlade, welcome to the thread! I have to say you are lucky to say that on this thread, because people here are great and understanding.

NN aren't the most beautiful breed (to most of the people that haven't had them yet, but they are more and more popular) but there is something about them, nobody can explain, that makes us love them.

I just think they are modern looking breed. Just like celebrities, more skin, more popularity

Back
Top Bottom