Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Is there anybody on here in Michigan that might want a good lookin Turken rooster? He's 8 months old and is a good boy, he hasn't been aggressive at all towards people so far. The only problem is my older hens don't like him and won't submit when he tries to mate with them so they end up getting feathers ripped out. I really want to find a good home for him where he'll be well cared for and loved. Where he'll hopefully not end up a chicken dinner unless he gets mean haha. Or if anybody has any ideas on how to find him a good home please let me know! Thank you
smile.png

Laura
He is really gorgeous. I usually advertise my roosters on craigslist, which is pretty popular in my area. The NN roosters have a lot of people wanting to buy them. Good luck with yours!

Is there anybody on here in Michigan that might want a good lookin Turken rooster? He's 8 months old and is a good boy, he hasn't been aggressive at all towards people so far. The only problem is my older hens don't like him and won't submit when he tries to mate with them so they end up getting feathers ripped out. I really want to find a good home for him where he'll be well cared for and loved. Where he'll hopefully not end up a chicken dinner unless he gets mean haha. Or if anybody has any ideas on how to find him a good home please let me know! Thank you :)
Laura

[/qu
Good looking rooster,shouldn't be too hard to find him a home.

Last edited:
Is there anybody on here in Michigan that might want a good lookin Turken rooster? He's 8 months old and is a good boy, he hasn't been aggressive at all towards people so far. The only problem is my older hens don't like him and won't submit when he tries to mate with them so they end up getting feathers ripped out. I really want to find a good home for him where he'll be well cared for and loved. Where he'll hopefully not end up a chicken dinner unless he gets mean haha. Or if anybody has any ideas on how to find him a good home please let me know! Thank you
smile.png

Laura

too far
he.gif

Good looking rooster, lolaschickens. It is difficult to have patience with immature males. They do get better with time after a frustrating period while the older hens break the kid in. Hope the best for a new home.

A little while ago I read about loss of feathers due to excessive matting. I have a few saddles that have not been used and would send them to anyone who wants them in exchange for postage. Use PM if interested.

smile.png

Laura

Wow! He could be the twin brother of my cockerel, Pepper!

I really hope you can find a new home for him. He's such a beautiful, elegant bird.

Well, folks, today, Apoc launched a full on total attack on me this evening when I went in to change his water. I'm fortunate that his spurs have not developed/sharpened yet - he went at my shins and boots repeatedly and mercilessly (fortunately I was wearing tough pants and work boots). It took about 4 or 5 pretty firm kicks/shoves in the chest to make him stop. I had already planned to cull him this next weekend (he went after my boot on Sunday), but it was all I could do not to wring his neck right there. I'm processing him as soon as I can get set up for it this week. (I need to finish planting my blackberries first, and that little jerk doesn't get to dictate my schedule!)
rant.gif

Has anyone dry plucked NNs before? (Did I already ask that? I can't remember - losing my mind...)

Also, he's 7 months - I understand I should probably brine him before freezing, is that right? Can anyone remind me of the brine formula? (Sorry, I'm feeling particularly stupid tonight...)
he.gif

- Ant Farm

Well, folks, today, Apoc launched a full on total attack on me this evening when I went in to change his water. I'm fortunate that his spurs have not developed/sharpened yet - he went at my shins and boots repeatedly and mercilessly (fortunately I was wearing tough pants and work boots). It took about 4 or 5 pretty firm kicks/shoves in the chest to make him stop. I had already planned to cull him this next weekend (he went after my boot on Sunday), but it was all I could do not to wring his neck right there. I'm processing him as soon as I can get set up for it this week. (I need to finish planting my blackberries first, and that little jerk doesn't get to dictate my schedule!) :rant

Has anyone dry plucked NNs before? (Did I already ask that? I can't remember - losing my mind...)

Also, he's 7 months - I understand I should probably brine him before freezing, is that right? Can anyone remind me of the brine formula? (Sorry, I'm feeling particularly stupid tonight...):he

- Ant Farm 

I've tried the dry plucking, not a fan. Although I prefer having he skin on the chicken, makes better juicier taste, most of the time I skin my chickens. It's a lot quicker and easier for me that way.

Back
Top Bottom