Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I have a couple of NN and just think they're so adorable. Clover is dark buff and a year old. Mariposa is black and about 5 weeks. She's got some coppery lace coming in on her neck feathers that look so pretty.
Well, I saw another one that I'm considering buying, but I enjoy my rainbow flock and don't want another that's a repeat of my buff beauty. This little chick (being sold as a pullet) is about a week old and is a medium buff color. What intrigues me about her is the two dark brown 'racing stripes' on either side of her back, plus a couple splotches on her head. Any ideas as to what she might turn out like as an adult?

Kassaundra - Your variety of NNs are so beautiful. I wish I had more space (and time) to have as many birds.

Draye - Sorry you lost your hen. Do you think any of her eggs are worth putting in the incubator?

Wanted to let you know I love your birds.
I have a Green Egger Naked Neck project here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/939680/green-egger-naked-neck-thread/240#post_16793345

I had posted that I was giving up I. It but not quite ready to yet. I was just very discouraged.

If love to get some of your eggs, but not quite ready for any yet. Looks like you've got quite a few and ares ahead of me on my project.

I'm trying to find an alternate way of being able to pay for shopped eggs, as I am boycotting Pay Pal. I'll never use them again for any reason, even if it means not getting eggs that I really want.
I will go check out your thread. When you are ready in the future I'd be happy to send you some eggs. I'll PM you about payment.

One more pic of my girl from today. They were eating watermelon out in the yard.

Photo was taken when she was about 16 or 17 weeks old.

R.I.P Mis Barred Partridge hen.
September 17, 2015- April 8, 2016.

Never showed that anything was wrong. However I had only her and one other hen in that run. On April 1st I got a first egg ( not sure which one laid it), it was a double yolker then on the 6th I got the second egg it was normal. Them yesterday I got another 1st egg ( this one was shaped different and a lot darker Brody than the first two.

So my thinking is that maybe the first two eggs may have been hers, I should know tomorrow or Sunday, and there may have been egg bound problem or something like that.

RIP she was beautiful.

I found my jumbo lethargic this morning. as my araucana girl was like that when she started to lay I gave her baytril. her crop didn't empty last night and it is not impacted. that happened to the araucana as well. jumbo drank a lot of water and now she is under the coop in the shade. my araucana laid a few eggs then stopped. but I see her almost every day in the nest. as I have another araucana in that run I am not sure if she might have laid 1-2 eggs.

Photo was taken when she was about 16 or 17 weeks old.

R.I.P Mis Barred Partridge hen.
September 17, 2015- April 8, 2016.

Never showed that anything was wrong. However I had only her and one other hen in that run. On April 1st I got a first egg ( not sure which one laid it), it was a double yolker then on the 6th I got the second egg it was normal. Them yesterday I got another 1st egg ( this one was shaped different and a lot darker Brody than the first two.

So my thinking is that maybe the first two eggs may have been hers, I should know tomorrow or Sunday, and there may have been egg bound problem or something like that.

Yep, she was the double yolker layer. So mist likely she died from a layer problem ( egg bound possibility).

@nchvac
I won't incubate the one and only egg from her. May or may not pass on laying problems so I don't want yo take that chance.

Yep, she was the double yolker layer. So mist likely she died from a layer problem ( egg bound possibility).

@nchvac
I won't incubate the one and only egg from her. May or may not pass on laying problems so I don't want yo take that chance.

I agree I wouldn't incubate an egg from a hen that died so young of non-trauma cause, and wouldn't incubate just one either.

Back
Top Bottom