Naked Neck/Turken Thread

My2butterflies

Songster
Apr 14, 2020
Minnesota
You’re welcome. The colorful eggs come from breeding easter eggers with a Turken to get those colors. For instance, a Turken roo over ladies that lay different colors can yield various colors of eggs from the offspring. Mix a Turken roo with a blue egg layer and you might get green or olive or blue eggs from the offspring depending.
Oooo😍 That is exciting! I have only one roo, my NN male. I also have four Easter Egger females! All are 11wks right now. I *think* the girls will be blue layers. It would be so exciting to hatch chicks next year with the possibility of getting green layers!

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Oooo😍 That is exciting! I have only one roo, my NN male. I also have four Easter Egger females! All are 11wks right now. I *think* the girls will be blue layers. It would be so exciting to hatch chicks next year with the possibility of getting green layers!
Oh I would definitely try it! How fun, and it makes for such a pretty egg basket.

BlueBaby

Addict
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
You’re welcome. The colorful eggs come from breeding easter eggers with a Turken to get those colors. For instance, a Turken roo over ladies that lay different colors can yield various colors of eggs from the offspring. Mix a Turken roo with a blue egg layer and you might get green or olive or blue eggs from the offspring depending.
My green egg laying Naked Neck's came from crossing them with the Crested Cream Legbar.

JacinLarkwell

Crowing
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
I [will tell you when mine start to lay. I think they're supposed to be a tanning brown cause I thought my calico's eggs were naked neck eggs at first when she was laying 2 a dayQUOTE="My2butterflies, post: 23301106, member: 565060"]
I’m curious. For those with Turkens from crackle, do they all lay brown eggs? Or is it possible to get other egg colors from their stock?
My girls are only 11wks so I still have a ways to go before I get eggs from them.
[/QUOTE]

Beer can

Free Ranging
Aug 12, 2014
Upstate NY
guys, I am sick and tired of loosing this thread. no alerts again.
From what I've noticed, you have to click the alert every time it comes in your notifs
I loose them when I have a alert for a thread, check it out, but do not read to the end. You can skip to the end or read to the end and it will alert you again when there is a new post.

Top Bottom