Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Thanks:) That’s what I’m expecting since I think they were listed under brown layers. I was just wondering if other colors were possible because I’ve seen here that people are getting other colors from their NN.
You’re welcome. The colorful eggs come from breeding easter eggers with a Turken to get those colors. For instance, a Turken roo over ladies that lay different colors can yield various colors of eggs from the offspring. Mix a Turken roo with a blue egg layer and you might get green or olive or blue eggs from the offspring depending.

You’re welcome. The colorful eggs come from breeding easter eggers with a Turken to get those colors. For instance, a Turken roo over ladies that lay different colors can yield various colors of eggs from the offspring. Mix a Turken roo with a blue egg layer and you might get green or olive or blue eggs from the offspring depending.

Oooo😍 That is exciting! I have only one roo, my NN male. I also have four Easter Egger females! All are 11wks right now. I *think* the girls will be blue layers. It would be so exciting to hatch chicks next year with the possibility of getting green layers!

Oooo😍 That is exciting! I have only one roo, my NN male. I also have four Easter Egger females! All are 11wks right now. I *think* the girls will be blue layers. It would be so exciting to hatch chicks next year with the possibility of getting green layers!
Oh I would definitely try it! How fun, and it makes for such a pretty egg basket.

My green egg laying Naked Neck's came from crossing them with the Crested Cream Legbar.

I [will tell you when mine start to lay. I think they're supposed to be a tanning brown cause I thought my calico's eggs were naked neck eggs at first when she was laying 2 a dayQUOTE="My2butterflies, post: 23301106, member: 565060"]
I’m curious. For those with Turkens from crackle, do they all lay brown eggs? Or is it possible to get other egg colors from their stock?
My girls are only 11wks so I still have a ways to go before I get eggs from them.
[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom