Naked Neck/Turken Thread

He might end up wearing gloves on his feet. I don't know, I've never had this problem before. Usually I lost a toe here and there, but he has half a knuckle on each toe left

I guess that may be the difference. The rooster's are always up walking around, whereas when it get's chilly a hen will lay down and cover up her feet with her feather's to keep warm?

I guess that may be the difference. The rooster's are always up walking around, whereas when it get's chilly a hen will lay down and cover up her feet with her feather's to keep warm?
Who knows. I'm going to check his feet again, maybe take some pictures and debate the tie off method again until I fall asleep. I know this is usually the part where it's best to cull, but I just really would rather not. I really think he'd do better if he wasn't tripping over them all the time, but I doubt he would be able to roost again either way

Yay!!!! Atlas finally got me some fertile eggs. The poor boy, I have no clue what happened to him. His toes all died over winter and now there's hardly anything left and they haven't fallen off yet. And I can't just remove them because for some reason there's bloodflow still. I feel awful, I have no clue what happened but he can't roost anymore and we're probably going to have to cull him because of that.
Poor thing. What type of roost bars do they have? My chickens toes are all fine, but my Roos comb and wattles didn’t fair so well:/ He is all healed up now. Just a little deformed looking.
You could make some Naked Neck's that wear those polish crest's. Have you tried it yet?
I’m hoping to try that mix out! My polish chicks should be here by Friday😁 It will be month before I can do it, but I hope I’ll get some puffy headed naked necks😆

Who knows. I'm going to check his feet again, maybe take some pictures and debate the tie off method again until I fall asleep. I know this is usually the part where it's best to cull, but I just really would rather not. I really think he'd do better if he wasn't tripping over them all the time, but I doubt he would be able to roost again either way
What kind of roost do you have?

Back
Top Bottom