Naked Neck/Turken Thread

What kind of roost do you have?

Poor thing. What type of roost bars do they have? My chickens toes are all fine, but my Roos comb and wattles didn’t fair so well:/ He is all healed up now. Just a little deformed looking.

They're cleaned tree branches. He's the only one who had problems though. His 4 ladies all have nothing wrong with their feet.

fff.PNG

Frizz/NN eggs bottom row, plus one on top. The rest are EE and OE
I also bought 2 NN and other kinds from a feed store last weekend- the chicks looked terrible, but I wanted those breeds. One of the NN passed after 2 days even though I was giving it yolk water. The one below made it. Her name is Nova.
fff5.PNG

Naked necks are adorable!

We were about to get 1 (silkie naked neck) who was absolutely beautiful, but a seller on Craigslist scammed us and changed the price from $5 - $15 in that moment. We ended up not taking it but now I kind of regret it!
Everyone's look so cool :)!

They're cleaned tree branches. He's the only one who had problems though. His 4 ladies all have nothing wrong with their feet.

That might work! Do you think a 2x4 would be enough surface area? I'm looking at his feet again when I get home, one toe looked like it might come off today so I'm hoping he rest follow soon so he's not tripping much longer
2x4 work great so they can fully cover their toes. Maybe give that a try this next winter?
All my roosts are 2x4s.

2x4 work great so they can fully cover their toes. Maybe give that a try this next winter?
All my roosts are 2x4s.
Yeah, I'll see if we have any left over and add them if I do. Like I said, I know most would cull at this ppint, but he's too old to eat for my family and he's such a good boy now that he'd older I really don't want to if I don't have to.

Yeah, I'll see if we have any left over and add them if I do. Like I said, I know most would cull at this ppint, but he's too old to eat for my family and he's such a good boy now that he'd older I really don't want to if I don't have to.
I understand. I have a really hard time when it comes to culling/putting animals down. I bawl like a baby. I always try to give them as many chances and time as is reasonably possible.

Naked necks are adorable!

We were about to get 1 (silkie naked neck) who was absolutely beautiful, but a seller on Craigslist scammed us and changed the price from $5 - $15 in that moment. We ended up not taking it but now I kind of regret it!
Everyone's look so cool :)!
I love my showgirls!
BF7FFE46-742D-447C-96DF-D8BCC9BDA0B2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom