Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Where did you find eggs from scaleless chickens, Kassaundra?

That's right, you can expect 50% frizzle chicks and 50% smooth chicks from a frizzle x smooth mating.

2. BackyardCoop

BackyardCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Here's some updated photos of my pure white Cochin and Frizzled NN's. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    From a fellow Okie BYCer. He had some about a year ago that he hatched and actually got a fully naked roo, but he got killed in a preditor attack. He got his start from the University of Arkansas as far as I know. His user name is banjoejoe and some numbers but don't remember the numbers. I have 8 eggs cooking [​IMG] hoping for a good hatch. The eggs weren't shipped to me they were picked up so .......

4. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    the scalless eggs came from me LOL i got my start from a good friend at the UofA DR BRAMWELL right now im breeding carryers to carryer and trying ti get the % of scaless chicks higher for those that whant to know what scaless lookes like

[​IMG]

and the carryers for scaless are missing at lest 1 or 2 rows of scales on there legs here is a pic of the rows of missing scaless
    [​IMG]

5. banjoejoe4783

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    and here are some of my" hooda nacked" chicks as they grow there crest have goten much biger i will get some ipc of the older birds for you as well

[​IMG]

6. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Joe I meant to ask about the naked hooda's what kind of comb will they have, mine have an "odd" to me looking comb? I've been trying to figure out if I have girls or not. They are getting big and the top knots much bigger then when I got them from you. And LOVE the beards!!!! lol lol lol They are smart to it didn't take them long to figure out what to do w/ a dubia.

7. Oh yes, I remember seeing his pics of the scaleless rooster. I thought he lost all of those. Good luck with your hatch. Those would be interesting to have around.

8. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Oh and Joe I almost forgot are the bigger ones getting any white on them? or staying all black?

9. banjoejoe4783

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    [​IMG]

kassi the hoodas will be all black i will be breeding them back to my motteled houdans and will get some NN motteled houdans here are one of my older hoodas you can see she has a nice crest and a full beard

10. BackyardCoop

BackyardCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Oh goodness! [​IMG] I have never seen such a thing! Not quite sure what I think about it yet. haha, very different for sure! Skin color is awesome, though. My mom thinks my NN's are scary, ("like dinosaurs") wait until she sees this. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by