Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I agree Gootziecat....sticks and stones etc.

In spite of the comments of some folk (who generally believe that all chickens are brown, are hens, and lay brown eggs), variety is the spice of life. Naked Necks are becoming much more popular in Britain, and always turn up at our local county shows.

I've only been breeding them for about 2 years but am impressed by their nature, quirky looks and resilience.

****Not Naked Neck Alert*****

Blue Fm green-egger cockerel:
7412006.jpg

Blue Fm green-egger pullets:
7412026.jpg

Kev I am very pleased with the variety.Looking forward to next year already.I want to do some more naked neck X polish crosses, since I have not had much luck with this cross. And now I have more color variety. I picked up some polish chicks yesterday that are splash polish male X golden laced polish female,so with what I had already I am set for next year.My incubator is full of naked neck X polish and I have a hen setting on eggs from the same cross that should hatch monday or tuesday.Maybe I will have better luck this go around.

My flock of Naked Necks are now on the verge of laying, in fact I think one is since this morning I found two eggs, instead of my usual one!
wee.gif
And my boy is finally starting to act like a rooster.
A group shot of my flock

My boy Kahn, still waiting on his tail feathers to grow in, but looking good already.

Princess Bubblegum, I think she is the one that layed the egg
yesss.gif
She also has some really different coloring, she started out a buff chick, feathered in white and with this last molt turned buff, but has some barring on her too. Plus her little tuft on the back of head just makes her so cute.

Honey

Cupcake

Lolly, my only one I know for sure is laying, she is 1 1/2 yo and was the one that made me want a whole flock of Naked Necks. She is such a sweet girl.

Cookie, I really like her coloring too, she keeps getting more and more black mixed in with her red.

DDD how did I miss your NN bantam x Polish girl?? She's a hottie. Just too many good looking birds to check out and she got lost in the gawking first time around. I like the Fm group too.

Last edited:
I took time the 4th and sat down with the camera. It was pushing 100* in the shade out there and we were all panting.
Takes so long on dial-up to download pics, I'm loading 'like groups' and posting.

Someone else mentioned the Fm green-eggers look like Sumatra.
: ) You will have crested NN's before too long.

That black crested bantam NN x Polish is a cutie. I just wish she was BIG.

Some of my barred / blue barred green-eggers:
pullet
7412045.jpg

cockerel
7412011.jpg

cockerel
7412035.jpg

Back
Top Bottom