Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. homeschoolchick

homeschoolchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    My little pullet, that I mentioned awhile back, had started laying. The eggs were fertile. After three weeks, I started collecting her eggs, and then my cochin pullet started laying too. Well, I had stuck them in the incubator because I couldn't resist. Right after (week really) I started incubating them.....my pullet went broody!!!!!!!!! Well, I put the eggs under her after she was serious, and...............................I HAVE BABIES TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So far I only see two for sure, but Camo (pure for NN) is the father, so they will all be NN!!

I have to take pictures of momma and the babies, and pictures from another hatch as well. I have some that are four weeks old, I bought for my incubator (it was lonely [​IMG] ).

[​IMG]

2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Can't wait to see the pics.

My chickie doos are hatching as I type. 8 eggs went in the incubator I will get to see my chickies tomorrow evening, but I'll know in the morning how many hatched (they are in lock down now) and if any were naked.

3. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    111 degrees UGH Since I lost a three month old blue Silkie I wet the birds and their enviroment. They do sqwaak a lot but it does stop them from panting and they do enjoy the wet sandy soil better that the hot hot hot. Of course they are shaded. The NNs do best naturally.

Homeschhochick congrts !![​IMG] How exciting for you. !!!

Kassaundra and Banjoe [​IMG] great stuff [​IMG] I just might need to drive out to OK and pick up some of those dark beauties. How exciting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Mary, I'm sorry to hear you lost your Silkie. It's a helpless feeling when you do all you can.

5. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Thanks for your empathy gootsiecat.

6. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I got 3 chickie doos so far a black and two chipmunk colored. They are on thier way here so not sure if they carry the scaleless gene yet. [​IMG] I'll get to meet them in about an hour.

7. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Keep us posted, Kassaundra. We're all waiting....

8. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Kev I know this is a old post. Just wondering if you have laced naked necks now?

9. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    And here they are making their NN thead debut, the potentially scaleless, black skinned NN chickie doos. There are only 3 right now but a few more may hatch over the next 24 hrs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Aww, they're darling Kaussandra!

flower, sorry you lost a bird due to the heat. It doesn't get nearly as hot down here as it does there and a couple of our BYC'ers have lost birds to the heat. You do everything you can and sometimes it's just not enough. :hugs

I let all my birds free range. The Naked Necks are always the last to go in. Sometimes they stay an extra hour out later than the others. Anyone else find this to be true of their birds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by