Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Here's my answer. :)

ep.gif
How Awesome are those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev The temperature was 113 degrees and the next day it was cloudy. Some friends and I drove up to see the Sequoias, on our way home we noticed WINDY weather and wondered if it would rain. NO Rain but the temperature came down.

WOW Wonderful lacing on those !! They look young, about three months old in the pictures ???

Banjoejoe I know that you have silkieNN ie showgirls. I have seen the pictures of your very pretty white showgirl held by your very pretty daughter. But I am wondering if you have any black or blue showgirls/NN/ silkies. Did you use them to breed y=with your Houdans ?

Kev The temperature was 113 degrees and the next day it was cloudy. Some friends and I drove up to see the Sequoias, on our way home we noticed WINDY weather and wondered if it would rain. NO Rain but the temperature came down.

WOW Wonderful lacing on those !! They look young, about three months old in the pictures ???

Banjoejoe I know that you have silkieNN ie showgirls. I have seen the pictures of your very pretty white showgirl held by your very pretty daughter. But I am wondering if you have any black or blue showgirls/NN/ silkies. Did you use them to breed y=with your Houdans ?
yes i have white show girls and right now i have blue and silver hens with the the show girl roo and the first hatch should be this weekend from them the whit over the silver " silver parterage" has given me a large variaty of colors in the past so im hoping for the same my showgirl roo is homozigous so 100% of the hatch should be showgirl

on the dark skin NN they are from my line from the UofA the dark skin was breed in to help protect the scaless bird from the sun i ussed homozigouse birds from this line to breed with the motteled houdans to get the hoodas i will be breeding the hoodas back to the motteled houdans to get houlded houdan NNs

Kev, those are beautiful birds.You must be very proud of them. Thank you for adding in on the genetics issues.

Thank you, folks for your kind words about Melvin (Oh boy, I do wish i didn't get so attached to them)

Melvin (RIP) weighed just over 10 lbs. My largest hen, Blackchops, NN X Something has never been formally weighed, but she is a very big and hefty hen with VERY thick legs and probably weighs more than Melvin. Her eggs almost always weigh near over 95g. I have never succeeded in hatching eggs from her yet as they are often double yolked. The two eggs that were under a broody hen failed (along with the other eggs under that hen) to hatch....the hen was disturbed by a nuisance squirrel just before they were due to hatch and she deserted them.

Flower, please send a bit of that weather this way. Our whole 'summer' has seen temperatures always at less than 70 degrees with huge amounts of rain due to the jet stream slipping far south.There is never a happy medium.

beautiful birds KEVIN. I think we should have a "house swap" Since we are all willing and capable of taking care of chickens and gardens that would give us a chance to experience some different weather.I think I'd love the dessert for a little while and I think someone would like Long Island Ny for a change.My new iPad isn't letting me put in smiley faces. I also have I laws in Aiken SC.and I have never been there

I know I'm going tobe blasted for this but I think the "trait/breed" thing is kind of like breeders of these very expensive mutts that are being bred now ie labradoodle.I Go ahead blast away. Kevin, stay near if I need some help.

since I live in a town that doesn't allow me to have any roosters. My only experience with cross breeding is with fruit flys in a genetics lab. again my iPad isn't allowing me to put in smiley faces. love you all. carol

Back
Top Bottom