Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    KKH & flower - Are your NN pullets laying yet? I'm finding about 5-6 eggs from 9 pullets and most are of decent size already!

The Cockerals are still in rooster jail, I "might" let one of them be with the pullets in a couple months once the pullets settle into their new home.

2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Hi! I found this dark egg in the nest box a few times. I'm thinking it's from one of the NN's. Is this similar in color to what you've been finding? The egg is in the upper left and obviously a pullet egg.
    [​IMG]

3. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice birds Kev.

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois

5. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Steve and KKH nope no eggs yet but today I gave them their next boxes so we will see ! They are large, pretty and healthy looking. My two bantie NN are just like two week old chicks for size comparison. But they are just as pretty, healthy and spunky. Of course I will post my eggs when they come. The girls were sitting in their boxes as soon as I put them in their run.

6. Gunmama

Gunmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    McLoud, OK
    I am just now really getting into naked necks. I have 2 that are about 2 and 4 months. Here are my newest lil ones. They are named after the vultures on Jungle Book cause that is what my bestie and I were reminded of.

[​IMG]

7. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    I LIKE THE DARK SKINED ONE ZIGGY

8. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Excuse my very poor picture taking but here are a few of my NN from Cackle I got this year. My fav is the Buff.

These reds started out as chipmunk like with stripes down the back. Two had dark stripes and two had light stripes.

[​IMG]

This buff chick was so white as a chick I thought for sure she would stay white. I'm happy she got these pretty buff feathers.I cannot keep all 5 ( I have 3 for sale)but I'm keeping the buff and the red that has a bright copper head. It was hard to pick a red as it is not my favorite color. The blue down feathers at the skin was confusing too. One red has a dark black like head. I maybe should have picked her because she may get a lot of black feathers mixed in her red which would not be so bad.

Oh and BTW the NN's with the dark skin are luscious [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Love the chicks & NN's! They are all so pretty and I love the names!

I got some new pictures of some of mine yesterday. They had a photo shoot except Penny who is yet broody again!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Annie, one of the older gals

[​IMG]

This little guy is becoming one of my favorite. He always wants to help. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the little salmon boy. He is very friendly & inquisitive too

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sister to the others who is alot more shy than the boys.
    [​IMG]

Gretchen the Momma to all these babies. She insists on stocking her eggs under the neighbors bushes. She just did it again and I found her on 12 eggs over there but left them when I moved her. A broody silkie was more than happy to steal them and take over. So, I should have more little NN's soon.
    [​IMG]

10. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Really like the dark skin naked neck(ziggy).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by