Naked Neck/Turken Thread

pgpoultry, that's a great hatching story. Amazing how these creatures can surprise us.

Bravo for a NN win in a show in Britain. The winning bird sounds spectacular. I'm a fan of the single comb on the NN's.

First of all, I would like to say how sorry I am for all of the losses I have been reading about! Between the weather and predators...it has been brutal! I am very sorry to all!

It has been crazy here and I haven't posted anything in quite a while. I have a few pictures to share :)

I don't know how to turn this one, but these are all the NN beauties that my broody pullet hatched! (there are nine total but couldn't get them all in one photo)

Here is proud mama! It is incredibly hot again today! They all have watermelon as a treat!

Camo...proud papa!

Now a few of my other boys and other chicks for future projects!! This is Teddy Bear, he wants a NN girl! :)

Remember Boo Boo? Here she is..growing up...and no "boo boos" :)

This is a very handsome guy! The picture doesn't do him justice, and he is my largest boy!

My complete NN showgirl, who has two frizzle lemon cuckoo cochins, one lemon cuckoo smooth cochin and one smooth white cochin in his pen! Can't wait to see babies from them!!!

6 week old babies...from this hatch, I have two black shizzles (showgirl/frizzle cochin), one showgirl, one sizzle, two bantam barred rocks, and many japanese bantams (the japanese are for Camo). I didn't take pictures of all of them, just focused on the NNs.

Well, that is it for now! The photos are from my cell phone, because my husband has our camera with him. I thought I might as well take pictures with it, or I will never get around to it!!!
lol.png

Hope all is well with everyone today!

First of all, I would like to say how sorry I am for all of the losses I have been reading about! Between the weather and predators...it has been brutal! I am very sorry to all!

It has been crazy here and I haven't posted anything in quite a while. I have a few pictures to share :)

I don't know how to turn this one, but these are all the NN beauties that my broody pullet hatched! (there are nine total but couldn't get them all in one photo)

Here is proud mama! It is incredibly hot again today! They all have watermelon as a treat!

Camo...proud papa!

Now a few of my other boys and other chicks for future projects!! This is Teddy Bear, he wants a NN girl! :)

Remember Boo Boo? Here she is..growing up...and no "boo boos" :)

This is a very handsome guy! The picture doesn't do him justice, and he is my largest boy!

My complete NN showgirl, who has two frizzle lemon cuckoo cochins, one lemon cuckoo smooth cochin and one smooth white cochin in his pen! Can't wait to see babies from them!!!

6 week old babies...from this hatch, I have two black shizzles (showgirl/frizzle cochin), one showgirl, one sizzle, two bantam barred rocks, and many japanese bantams (the japanese are for Camo). I didn't take pictures of all of them, just focused on the NNs.

Well, that is it for now! The photos are from my cell phone, because my husband has our camera with him. I thought I might as well take pictures with it, or I will never get around to it!!!
lol.png

Hope all is well with everyone today!
I love them!!! I'd take Camo and Boo Boo home right now!
lol.png
They are adorable!

He needs to quit smoking.
gig.gif

How do you keep your white chickens sooooo white??? I have two white girls, but they aren't pristine and clean like that.
lau.gif
lau.gif

They honestly just maintain it themselves! I was surprised, because I worried about that! Then again, we have been in a drought so they haven't had their shot at a nice mud hole yet.
hmm.png

BackYard Coop- The video is gorgeous! The colors do POP out!!! All the chickens I can see are beautiful! That NN and the mottled chicken would make pretty babies. Actually, not knowing genetics...maybe you can't get mottled with out two mottled bred together.
hu.gif
But, if you could, that would be pretty!

Pretty birds everyone! I feel so sorry for everyone that has lost any birds.. That's just awful.

I'm just surprised I haven't lost any birds in this heat yet! *Knock on Wood!*
We've had 90's-110 degree weather for 2 months straight! This is getting so ridiculous!

I just hope and pray our well doesn't go dry! Trucking water for a couple months doesn't sound very pleasant either! With 6 Geese, 4 Ducks, 8 Quail, 100+ chickens, chicks, peachicks, guinea keets, dogs, and cats outside. The outdoor dogs have their own cooling fan, the cats can go into the garage if they want to with a cooling fan in there also. The ducks, chickens, geese, and etc all have very big supplys of water and shade throughout the day.

The NN pullets are laying very well now in this heat which is very surprising! They have a big, deep water bowl that gets refilled because I hate hate hate messing with those screw on chicken waterers, especially in this heat! They just love dipping their toes and legs in the cold water! I kid you not when I go outside during the hottest part of the day I spray them all with the hose and the NN's enjoy the water spraying more than the geese do which is very shocking!

I also put the BLR Cockeral in with all of the pullets because he showed me today how much of a gentleman he can be. He's very gentle to me and his girls, he was a little rough with them at first but he's getting the hang of it. The girls were very happy to have a "Man" back in their lives. He seems to enjoy it also! LOL

I will be getting pictures and maybe a video of them tomorrow! They have grown out very nicely and I couldn't be happier with them! :eek:)
I hope you all enjoy the rest of the week! Weekend's almost here! Wee!
smile.png

Can you show a LF pure white naked neck with yellow legs at a show? Is that a standard NN? Cause for the first time one of my hens hatched a pure white NN it's now prob a month old. I'll get a pic maybe tommro of it, sadly I think it's a roo...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom